The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I did once have a vivid dream that I, a guy then in his mid-30s who hasn't exercised since he was 16 and can do five keepy-uppies on a good day, somehow ended up playing up front for Ayr United.

10 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I did once have a vivid dream that I, a guy then in his mid-30s who hasn't exercised since he was 16 and can do five keepy-uppies on a good day, somehow ended up playing up front for Ayr United.

I still remember a dream I had ages ago where I was playing for Ayr vs Peterhead but everyone was in a wheelchair and I wasn’t. I was still absolutely pish. 

11 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It was true. That was Gary Harkins.

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

A club in Ayrshire is the last club McAllister would sign for.  He earns a fortune as a plumber in Aberdeen.

Well known that Ayrshire houses don't have running water.

1 minute ago, Iain said:

Well known that Ayrshire houses don't have running water.

Are you suggesting he'd move his plumbing business to the other end of the country to sign a 1 year deal at Ayr United?

It's becoming pretty clear that there's very few players around in Scotland, hence the reason we're all discussing guys like Griffiths and Rooney and were hoping to get Sibbald and then we've got part timers who most definitely wouldn't have any interest in re-locating to the other side of the country for tuppence happeny, even assuming they were up to the task.

Given the immigration issues we have with Foreign based players and the fact that we supposedly don't want any more from England, then I'm not sure what the answer actually is ??

Do we have to rely on picking up a good young Loan player from the Old Firm ?

Or does anyone have any ideas what the next move could be ??

The worrying thing here is that every other side in this league (and even in the league above) would appear to have the exact same issues, so I've really no idea what the answer is ??

10 minutes ago, United1973 said:

So who you guys think we are signing ? Do you think recruitment guy is doing a good job ?!

There's no way of knowing.

It's FAR too early to make any serious  judgements on the guys we've signed and as for Glendinning, he may have identified hundreds of players but for whatever reason they've decided not too come.

These reasons could be financial, geographical, personal or any other issues that we'd have no way of possibly knowing about.

Bullen says he wants players with Scottish league experience so there are very few unattached players good enough to play at this level left. I can think of 3 off the top of my head, Crawford, Griffiths and Allan, the first doesn’t seem likely or it would have happened by now, the second two are unlikely due to location and “other issues” 

The only other player still unattached is the international superstar James Maxwell, we were privileged to witness him for a season at Ayr and should he thankful and honoured we saw him in black and white.

This presumably means it will be loans , so we will have a team of players from England bolstered with some children who played lowland league football last year. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The only other player still unattached is the international superstar James Maxwell, we were privileged to witness him for a season at Ayr and should he thankful and honoured we saw him in black and white.

He signed a two year contract at Doncaster Rovers .

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Bullen says he wants players with Scottish league experience so there are very few unattached players good enough to play at this level left. I can think of 3 off the top of my head, Crawford, Griffiths and Allan, the first doesn’t seem likely or it would have happened by now, the second two are unlikely due to location and “other issues” 

This presumably means it will be loans , so we will have a team of players from England bolstered with some children who played lowland league football last year. 

He's signed for Doncaster.

I'd take Crawford, not seen or heard him linked with anywhere else but whether or not he'd want to come back and be a target for the boo-boys straight away remains to be seen.  

Allan is unrealistic, but on paper would be a good signing. 

Griffiths is an absolute no. 

29 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Josh Mullin .

Im not sure if this a guess or what but I’d take him. He doesn’t solve our issue of who’s scoring goals but he’s had a good track record at this level bar last season at Hamilton. 

This window has been a real struggle for most clubs, first pre season post COVID restrictions and first one real after BREXIT, because of the red tape clubs are looking closser to home for signings making getting experience Scottish players at our level as scarce as hen's teeth hopefully one good thing is we have to develop our own youngsters.

Does he have a say who comes in or out or is that tv analist guy who picks the players that comes in, Also if you look at the 6-7teir of English football and look at the 6-7 teir of football up here it's teams in the lowland lge and lower than that 

20 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

Does he have a say who comes in or out or is that tv analist guy who picks the players that comes in, Also if you look at the 6-7teir of English football and look at the 6-7 teir of football up here it's teams in the lowland lge and lower than that 

Dipo scored loads of goals in the English Highland League. I think he'll be a good player.