The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

McAllister has said for years that his priority is his day job. That was his whole reason for dropping to the bottom tier to play for Peterhead. Very toys-out-of-the-pram way of announcing it by the club.

As for the league cup, well, that's a big chunk of change that the club won't see because Bullen saw competitive cup fixtures as an excuse to play musical chairs with the squad. Not that yet another trip to Ibrox is a massive temptation.

41 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He’s based in the North east- think he has a good job outside football too and has never scored goals at this level. 

Still sorta fits the role of experienced player in Scottish football 🤔 rather him than Griffiths. Like you said though, probably not willing to relocate due to job.

Wouldn't want cove to buy the next Lionel Messi with the funds they get from him either.

Edited by Roxanne's man

Bryden deserves his chance to start tbh. Definitely got some potential and Bullen playing him last season will have helped. If he does well then can keep his place and if not back to the bench. Will be interesting seeing how much he has improved and bigger teams were already looking at him. Dropping Dipo/Ashford might get a response for future weeks and we should still be looking at another signing up there

I’m assuming no one remembers last season, where Bryden was nowhere near ready to play up front himself. If we are even contemplating going back to that after we have had all summer to make signings then this season is a write off already. 

30 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m assuming no one remembers last season, where Bryden was nowhere near ready to play up front himself. If we are even contemplating going back to that after we have had all summer to make signings then this season is a write off already. 

I can't remember which game it was exactly, but in our last few there was one where it looks like a real coming of age performance from him. I think it was at home v Inverness. It looked like he had matured overnight and a few things has really started to click. 

Whilst I don't think anyone is expecting him to lead the line on his own over the next few weeks, by the end of the season I reckon he'll be there with some proper management and coaching.  From what I've seen I wonder if parking Bryden in the middle of a 4-3-3 would work with Ashford and Dipo doing the legwork in the wider positions and Bryden more focused on putting them away. Alternatively a 4-4-2 with Bryden slightly further advanced and Dipo acting as playmaker in a Shankland/Moff type arrangement. 

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Bryden deserves his chance to start tbh. Definitely got some potential and Bullen playing him last season will have helped. If he does well then can keep his place and if not back to the bench. Will be interesting seeing how much he has improved and bigger teams were already looking at him. Dropping Dipo/Ashford might get a response for future weeks and we should still be looking at another signing up there

I can't reiterate strongly enough how utterly mental this would be, the guy has been our best player (by some way) in most of the games that he's played and although he's not scored goals, his hold up play, touch, link up play and off the ball running / closing down has been outstanding.

I can only assume that the people demanding he be dropped haven't actually seen him play yet as that's the only thing that would make any sense.

On another note, I'm surprised that nobody has suggested playing Ashford at RB, considering he apparently played there at English L2 level and by all accounts was pretty good.

That could actually be a solution to a couple of our main problems.

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I can't reiterate strongly enough how utterly mental this would be, the guy has been our best player (by some way) in most of the games that he's played and although he's not scored goals, his hold up play, touch, link up play and off the ball running / closing down has been outstanding.

I can only assume that the people demanding he be dropped haven't actually seen him play yet as that's the only thing that would make any sense.

On another note, I'm surprised that nobody has suggested playing Ashford at RB, considering he apparently played there at English L2 level and by all accounts was pretty good.

If we are going with a back 3, Ashford should be the shout for a wing back.

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

There is a difference between demanding and throwing an option out there. To date things haven't gone to plan up there and that can't be ignored. Too early to fully judge anyone either way but no harm giving players a seat on the bench with a view to trying something different or getting a reaction

44 minutes ago, kennypat said:

Adam Rooney on Twitter looking for a new club ….? 🤔

Wouldn't be against it, but as Wattoo says we'd be more than likely punching and he's got no real connection to draw him to Ayrshire either at the age of 34. 

14 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Bryden has more Ayr career goals than anyone in the squad appart from Murdoch, McKenzie and Redding.

I have scored the same number of competitive goals for Ayr United as Dipo.

Edited by Richey Edwards