The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Everyone knows (including the Manager) that we're 2 or 3 quality additions short, we may already have one in Bangala, however due to the ineptitude of the UK Government the guy hasn't arrived yet and there's pretty much nothing the club can do about that.

I'd hope / expect that we'll be seeing an attacking Midfielder / playmaker and possibly a striker signing this week and only then can we make any real assumptions about the season ahead.

Put it this way, I'd be extremely surprised / shocked if the likes of McAlister, McKenzie and Smith are in our starting line up against Arbroath on Saturday but then again if players aren't available or aren't willing to come, what can you do ?

Edited by WATTOO

In yesterday's post match interview, Frankie Musonda mentioned that all the available squad had game time in the League cup matches.  Hopefully that means that Bullen has a better idea about the players - there will be some that he will have seen for the first time in a competitive match.

Having said that,  I have no idea who he will pick on Saturday... 

Edited by stevep56

[mention=70122]edinburghhonestman[/mention] on the booze clearly
Actually in a remote part of the north west Highlands with a dodgy signal and no idea if anything I tried to type was getting through. Maybe just as well given how frustrated I was feeling about 1 goal in 4 games.

15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Everyone knows (including the Manager) that we're 2 or 3 quality additions short, we may already have one in Bangala, however due to the ineptitude of the UK Government the guy hasn't arrived yet and there's pretty much nothing the club can do about that.

I'd hope / expect that we'll be seeing an attacking Midfielder / playmaker and possibly a striker signing this week and only then can we make any real assumptions about the season ahead.

Put it this way, I'd be extremely surprised / shocked if the likes of McAlister, McKenzie and Smith are in our starting line up against Arbroath on Saturday but then again if players aren't available or aren't willing to come, what can you do ?

Hang on after the thistle match last season Smith was going to be the next big thing.

22 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:
2 hours ago, rb123! said:
[mention=70122]edinburghhonestman[/mention] on the booze clearly

Actually in a remote part of the north west Highlands with a dodgy signal and no idea if anything I tried to type was getting through. Maybe just as well given how frustrated I was feeling about 1 goal in 4 games.

I thought you were trying to communicate in machine code at one point. 

I think we all agree that 433/451 with Dipo up front and 2 of Ashford, JML and O'Connor out wide is our best formation, the issue is Bullen has not played that in any of these competitive games and that greatly concerns me, we desperately need some creativity in midfield Murdoch and Dempsey will run all day and break up play but they are not going to be creating a lot of goals Bangela is a defensive midfielder so he's not bringing that when he gets cleared, I really think we put all our eggs in the McInroy basket and him him going to Rusty Park has thrown a huge spanner in the works.

Is anyone not considering Bryden and dropping Dipo as our best option at this point. 

He's the best striker we've got and for sure worth playing against Arbroath (if we don't sign anyone until then)

Edited by THEHonestman1910

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Hang on after the thistle match last season Smith was going to be the next big thing.

And he still might be, however he's not ready for our starting 11 and needs to be introduced slowly but surely to a winning team.

7 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Is anyone not considering Bryden and dropping Dipo as our best option at this point. 

He's the best striker we've got and for sure worth playing against Arbroath (if we don't sign anyone until then)

Nope, Dipo has been excellent in the 2 games I've watched him, although I'd certainly consider playing Bryden along with him or even wide right, certainly before McKenzie, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

I think we all agree that 433/451 with Dipo up front and 2 of Ashford, JML and O'Connor out wide is our best formation, the issue is Bullen has not played that in any of these competitive games and that greatly concerns me, we desperately need some creativity in midfield Murdoch and Dempsey will run all day and break up play but they are not going to be creating a lot of goals Bangela is a defensive midfielder so he's not bringing that when he gets cleared, I really think we put all our eggs in the McInroy basket and him him going to Rusty Park has thrown a huge spanner in the works.

I think McInroy confirmed very early on that he wouldn't be staying and in fact Bullen confirmed that it was a pretty long shot that he would stay, despite us offering a very good deal.

Dom Thomas and Sibbald are the only other two concrete targets that I know of that turned us down, but I'm sure there's still lots happening behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

We did play the front 3 of Dipo, Ashford and O'Connor against QOS and we were brilliant going forward and on another night would have scored a few goals. 

Bullen admitted yesterday in post match interview we've lost out on quite a few targets to someone else offering more money... Honestly think we need to go for Robbie Crawford, guy has far more attacking ability than any of the current midfielders we have

a230ae2360d9a6bed8d9e7024a664217.jpg

This poll is currently up on the 80s Footballers Ageing Badly Twitter. Davie Wells is currently in the lead. Not that I’ve ever heard of him… I’m sure an Ayr player in a previous edition made it quite far in the vote.

If your looking for players with experience of Scottish football and are more attacking minded midfielder the two that stand out and are not with any club just now are Dylan McGeouch and Scott Allan now I doubt any of them will consider us even if we can afford them but if we want to start moving somewhere on the field as well as off it we need to start bringing that kind of calibre of player.

We did play the front 3 of Dipo, Ashford and O'Connor against QOS and we were brilliant going forward and on another night would have scored a few goals. 
Bullen admitted yesterday in post match interview we've lost out on quite a few targets to someone else offering more money... Honestly think we need to go for Robbie Crawford, guy has far more attacking ability than any of the current midfielders we have
Yeah but we played 5 at the back leaving Murdoch and Dempsey totally vulnerable.

13 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

If your looking for players with experience of Scottish football and are more attacking minded midfielder the two that stand out and are not with any club just now are Dylan McGeouch and Scott Allan now I doubt any of them will consider us even if we can afford them but if we want to start moving somewhere on the field as well as off it we need to start bringing that kind of calibre of player.

McGeouch on trial with Mansfield Town