The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I’m pretty sure yer man Dipo wouldn’t have scored 3 goals in 11 for Falkirk, considering he’s 0 for 4 against the dross we have played.

We honestly need 4/5 experienced Scottish players having Griffths as one of them a don’t think would be a problem. But that’s not going to happen. We are fucked totally fucked. Blame lies 50-50 for me between the invisible man (not Bangala, the head of recruitment one) and Bullen.

I don’t want Griffiths he will only cause problems and won’t improve the goal scoring as he has been crap for years. 

I don’t know who we could get to come in and improve things as there seems to be a real dearth of quality players. 

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

Robbie Crawford and Connor McLennan? (Latter is complete guess/suggestion)

if Crawford was coming he’d have signed by now surely. 

Could be in the bracket of waiting to see what he’s offered, not sure he’d be bullens cup of tea. Name a player as good or better than Griffiths we’d have a good shot at being able to sign.

Edited by bazka6

46 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

At what point does he lose this 'goalscorer' tag? He scored 2 in 12 for Falkirk last season (I think 1 was a penalty), and 3 in 17 for Dundee. Both teams were mid to upper table which is where Ayr would hope to be, and obviously Falkirk in a lower league, so he can't claim it was due to being in struggling sides with no service. Even going back before that it's years since he gave any decent goal return.

He could be a great gamble for someone, we also had fans saying he was worth a punt. But I wouldn't be spending any significant salary on him, which I presume he would be wanting, as the recent evidence suggests he is done.

If you are suggesting Falkirk as a full time team finishing 6th in league one or Dundee who got relegated in last place are not struggling sides then I'm so lost with what one is.  

I see the bookies have us 2nd favourites to get relegated.  Can’t really argue.  Morton are favourites which is probably harsh given the way they improved under Imrie last season, though they have signed dross like Gillespie and Quitongo.  Partick look good value at 5/1 to win the league.  Would be a sore one for Ayr fans seeing them win the league with Muirhead and Docherty - still makes me laugh that some Ayr fans reckoned we wouldn’t miss Docherty…

Listening to the commentary yesterday, Duffy and Foster made us out to be the better team for most of the game, Al Lamont (I think) summary was that we were pretty toothless, Ashfords two misses and described Dipo as being a handful who's only opportunity was a weak effort straight at the keeper. 

Unless we get someone in then we are in for a season that will be at best very boring.  

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Quite amazing how the mood has swung so much from the vision night just 6 weeks ago...

I can pinpoint the exact moment my mood swung from excited and buzzing for the season and feeling pretty pessimistic - it was about 2pm on the day of the Elgin game when I saw the starting XI.  Was sitting with a beer looking at it feeling utterly deflated. 

The good thing is that the expectations for this team are rock-bottom - and as anyone who's watched this glorious game for any amount of time will tell you, it often has the ability to throw up surprises.

There's nothing worse than buzzing for the start of the season with heightened expectations that turn to shit once the real action gets going.

Maybe this lot (with a couple of additions) will surprise us.

I’ve not managed a to get to a game yet. I was looking forward to St Johnstone away initially, but after the first three games all interest in going was gone. I really do think Bullen has treated the cup as pre-season and that progression wasn’t important, and that was perhaps agreed with Smith.

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday now, mainly because I want my Saturday routine back, but also to see this lot in the flesh, but on the condition that surely to f**k we’ll have at least one player in this week, otherwise my excitement may diminish.

I have absolutely zero idea how we’re going to do this year, but my initial thought is a copy of the last two seasons, struggling to avoid 9th/10th, which is grim.

Daughters mum/sister???? [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]
Jim Duffy was on the commentary team. They would hardly be expected to put the boot in.
At one point someone opined that Ayr would be looking at a top-half finish this season. The only top half Ayr are looking at is the top half of the two red slots down the bottom.
O
O.

The good thing is that the expectations for this team are rock-bottom - and as anyone who's watched this glorious game for any amount of time will tell you, it often has the ability to throw up surprises.
There's nothing worse than buzzing for the start of the season with heightened expectations that turn to shit once the real action gets going.
Maybe this lot (with a couple of additions) will surprise us.

.. until p
Lp