The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, stevep56 said:

I have a similar problem,  5 year old grandson (born and brought up in NE England) wants me to buy him an England shirt.   Told him I would spend a bit more and buy a nice blue shirt but he won't have it.  He also wants a Newcastle shirt which at least is the correct colours for me..

Ah, Newcastle shirt you could get away with I'm sure, if he's just for running about in it. 😊

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Have a bit of a problem this morning 😔

My wee boys best friends mum sent a message asking if my wee boy wanted to go with his friend to the Kilmarnock game today.

He's just turned 7 years old and he's been to a couple of Ayr games. He says he's Ayr daft and wears the shirt but I'm unsure if he's only doing that to please me, his Ayr supporting dad 🤔

Roxanne had a go at me because I don't want him going. She said I'm raising him an Ayr fan to avoid the old firm nonsense but apparently the killie situation is causing the same amount of drama 🙄

Do I let him go with his friend? Or do I stick to my guns here and put the foot down and teach him further about DKB and why they are bad?

what do I do in this situation?

I'd let him go with with his friend tbf. I've been to the odd Killie game myself with a couple of friends who were DKBs as a kid. I was secretly routing for the opposition of course and I'm dyed in the wool Ayr through and through. 🤣

My wee boys best friends mum sent a message asking if my wee boy wanted to go with his friend to the Kilmarnock game today.

He's just turned 7 years old and he's been to a couple of Ayr games. He says he's Ayr daft and wears the shirt but I'm unsure if he's only doing that to please me, his Ayr supporting dad 🤔

Roxanne had a go at me because I don't want him going. She said I'm raising him an Ayr fan to avoid the old firm nonsense but apparently the killie situation is causing the same amount of drama 🙄

Do I let him go with his friend? Or do I stick to my guns here and put the foot down and teach him further about DKB and why they are bad?

Don't see any real problem here. Can't imagine he'll have such a good time he converts!

Go on, give him the chance to make up his own mind, or his own mistakes. He might just hate the experience after all, but if decides to come over to the dark side, just think of The banter you can have at the dinner table.

He’s also going to need to depend on his pal to take him to any future games and he might find it easier just tagging along with his old man to Somerset instead.
We’re not all bad after all, we are still a local team and don’t have the baggage of the Twisted Sisters.

I just thought I’d pop in here for a wee nosey as I’m missing the banter and wish you lot all the best for the coming season.

Update: The boys an Ayr fan with incredible logic.

He said:  'Dad, I don't want to go see killie, as they have a man dressed as a Squirrel. Squirrels are vermin, like the people in killie. Pandas eat Squirrels. So Ayr are better coz they have a panda.'

Mind. Blown.

thank goodness for that. Very proud dad here. Bought his Ayr shirt the other day so I know it's not a waste of money now 😂

11 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

He said:  'Dad, I don't want to go see killie, as they have a man dressed as a Squirrel. Squirrels are vermin, like the people in killie. Pandas eat Squirrels. So Ayr are better coz they have a panda.'

Mind. Blown.

thank goodness for that. Very proud dad here. Bought his Ayr shirt the other day so I know it's not a waste of money now 😂

Hard to argue with that level of logic.

Good luck to the wee man and he’ll always be welcome at the Theatre of Pies if he changes his mind.

Mind you, our squirrel’s the same size as your panda, so in the absence of any other face to face rivalry this season, why don’t we organise a square go between them.

26 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Mind. Blown.

Good to hear. The more kids that are wise to that Squirrel the better 

12 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Ooft , horse or be horsed. Change of formation but seems a bit of a hodge podge, smith and macadams in particular odd choices, doesn’t seem quite like a first eleven.

Edited by bazka6

3 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

I would teach him we are DKB and not let him go.

I had a slightly different, but similarly challenging, situation where my daughters mum bought her a Rangers top and I went off my head. If it had been Ayr/St Mirren etc I would probably have been less bothered about it but keeping your kids away from the Old Firm shite is just good parenting in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I would teach him we are DKB and not let him go.

I had a slightly different, but similarly challenging, situation where my daughters mum bought her a Rangers top and I went off my head. If it had been Ayr/St Mirren etc I would probably have been less bothered about it but keeping your kids away from the Old Firm shite is just good parenting in my opinion.

I wouldn't be too bothered about him going to Rugby park. He'd be there with his friends and he'll probably not even watch the game anyway.

Dare i say that Killie fans are  fantastic for banter with Ayr fans, it's mostly a laugh, something that you'd never get from the old firm glory seekers/sheep. 

Bit shite we’ve waited until a dead rubber to field a decent looking, attacking side but at least Bullen is trying something.

4-4-2 seems to fit our players best although by the end of the window I’d be hoping we have someone else to play in one of the attacking wide positions, a striker and maybe a right back.

9 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I wouldn't be too bothered about him going to Rugby park. He'd be there with his friends and he'll probably not even watch the game anyway.

Dare i say that Killie fans are  fantastic for banter with Ayr fans, it's mostly a laugh, something that you'd never get from the old firm glory seekers/sheep. 

I went to my first game at around the same age and had to ask my dad what the score was at the end as I’d been busy playing with my pals. He promised he’d never take me back………