The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Thanks. Β I seem to remember last season that Season tickets gave you access to the B&W TV match videos too. Β We then had the situation where you could watch the games if you were in Scotland but not in England. Β I assume you do not get "Black & White" tv access this season (with Season tickets ) since legally you would not be able to watch the match in the UK anyway?

I wish we could somehow get away from these strange rules regarding live games. Β  I have paid to watch most of the games while they have been shown live during Covid. Β I would do so this season and this would give a bit more money to the club. Β I guess there are a number of others that would do the same. Β  Fans that buy season tickets should be allowed to watch the games on video if they cannot attend.

10 hours ago, stevep56 said:

Thanks. Β I seem to remember last season that Season tickets gave you access to the B&W TV match videos too. Β We then had the situation where you could watch the games if you were in Scotland but not in England. Β I assume you do not get "Black & White" tv access this season (with Season tickets ) since legally you would not be able to watch the match in the UK anyway?

I wish we could somehow get away from these strange rules regarding live games. Β  I have paid to watch most of the games while they have been shown live during Covid. Β I would do so this season and this would give a bit more money to the club. Β I guess there are a number of others that would do the same. Β  Fans that buy season tickets should be allowed to watch the games on video if they cannot attend.

Agree.... Its another revenue stream we could really be doing with... Alot of ayr fans around the country/world who can't make games.... Plus I am sure our new Zambian followers would buy a few games tooπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Β 

All bringing extra cash to club

1 minute ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Agree.... Its another revenue stream we could really be doing with... Alot of ayr fans around the country/world who can't make games.... Plus I am sure our new Zambian followers would buy a few games tooπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Β 

All bringing extra cash to club

The SPFL need to do something about it , think it’s down to them looking to make money off the streaming rights , totally out of all clubs handsΒ 

I am a season ticket holder soΒ In terms of my cash it won’t make a difference to the club but I go to very few away games now but buy the away stream probably 80% of the time.Β 
I am sure there are many people like me who would otherwise put little to no money in away teams pockets over the years if it wasn’t for streaming. I wouldn’t have gone to 2 games in Arbroath and Inverness but I bought all 4 games to stream.Β 
It would be interesting to see how much an average club made on away gates before the pandemic Vs streaming last season when restrictions were lifted for the most part.Β 

52 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The SPFL need to do something about it , think it’s down to them looking to make money off the streaming rights , totally out of all clubs handsΒ 

Is the SPFL not governed by its members? If so can clubs not propose motions for things like this?

I can see advantages in a league-wide service but not if it doesn't actually exist!

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I am a season ticket holder soΒ In terms of my cash it won’t make a difference to the club but I go to very few away games now but buy the away stream probably 80% of the time.Β 
I am sure there are many people like me who would otherwise put little to no money in away teams pockets over the years if it wasn’t for streaming. I wouldn’t have gone to 2 games in Arbroath and Inverness but I bought all 4 games to stream.Β 
It would be interesting to see how much an average club made on away gates before the pandemic Vs streaming last season when restrictions were lifted for the most part.Β 

Yes, I am similar - I attended quite a few away games and streamed the rest. I think I will have paid for almost every game in some way.

Economically clubs must benefit - does anyone here know how much Ayr benefited?

Have a bit of a problem this morning πŸ˜”

My wee boys best friends mum sent a message asking if my wee boy wanted to go with his friend to the Kilmarnock game today.

He's just turned 7 years old and he's been to a couple of Ayr games. He says he's Ayr daft and wears the shirt but I'm unsure if he's only doing that to please me, his Ayr supporting dad πŸ€”.Β 

Roxanne had a go at me because I don't want him going. She said I'm raising him an Ayr fan to avoid the old firm nonsense but apparently the killie situation is causing the same amount of drama πŸ™„

Do I let him go with his friend? Or do I stick to my guns here and put the foot down and teach him further about DKB and why they are bad?

what do I do in this situation?

Edited by Roxanne's man

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

My wee boys best friends mum sent a message asking if my wee boy wanted to go with his friend to the Kilmarnock game today.

He's just turned 7 years old and he's been to a couple of Ayr games. He says he's Ayr daft and wears the shirt but I'm unsure if he's only doing that to please me, his Ayr supporting dad πŸ€”.Β 

Roxanne had a go at me because I don't want him going. She said I'm raising him an Ayr fan to avoid the old firm nonsense but apparently the killie situation is causing the same amount of drama πŸ™„

Do I let him go with his friend? Or do I stick to my guns here and put the foot down and teach him further about DKB and why they are bad?

Nah I wouldn’t let him go, teach him that he can be friends with Kilmarnock fans, not to hate them and that they should be pitied.Β 
Β 

otherwise they may turn into @Death in Vegasand just want to batter them constantlyΒ 

1 hour ago, rgreig said:

Is the SPFL not governed by its members? If so can clubs not propose motions for things like this?

I can see advantages in a league-wide service but not if it doesn't actually exist!

It’s got something to do with TV sponsorship rights throughout the UK I believeΒ 

27 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

There’s only one option here…..

Β 

Divorce.

26 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Let him go but create a wee secret code between you and him to get it up them in their own patch.Β 

Β 

Tell him to secretly give pitch the middle finger / stick his tongue out / w****r sign (delete the inappropriate).

Β 

Promise him a quid for every goal they concede.Β 

There's loads of wee secret codes you can create to show the world that you and him are Ayr fans forever - but that he can still go and see other games.Β 

1 hour ago, rgreig said:

Yes, I am similar - I attended quite a few away games and streamed the rest. I think I will have paid for almost every game in some way.

Economically clubs must benefit - does anyone here know how much Ayr benefited?

I am the same too. Β I think I watched at least one game at all the away venues and in most situations two games. Β There is no way that I would have travelled away to all these games. Β I spent loads more than I would have done had the videos not be available. Β The away clubs ask what team you support when you sign is so they must have a good idea of what the streaming is worth to them. Β 

I would prefer that the clubs provide the service rather than some SPFL network as the clubs should get the money directly. Β I would imagine that a network might only give them a percentage. of the income they would otherwise get. Β The clubs may invest more too in the internet, video facilities and commentary if they knew they were going to get the extra money.

When this was discussed before, someone said that streaming was not allowed as there was a deal with Sky. Β I don't think Sky has games on a Saturday at 3pm and anyway no way would I miss an Ayr game to watch an English Championship on Sky.

33 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I have a similar problem, Β 5 year old grandson (born and brought up in NE England) wants me to buy him an England shirt. Β  Told him I would spend a bit more and buy a nice blue shirt but he won't have it. Β He also wants a Newcastle shirt which at least is the correct colours for me..

Have a bit of a problem this morning [emoji17]
He's just turned 7 years old and he's been to a couple of Ayr games. He says he's Ayr daft and wears the shirt but I'm unsure if he's only doing that to please me, his Ayr supporting dad [emoji848].Β 
Roxanne had a go at me because I don't want him going. She said I'm raising him an Ayr fan to avoid the old firm nonsense but apparently the killie situation is causing the same amount of drama [emoji849]
I have the same issue here my youngest lassie says she supports Killie because her papa says he'd does (in reality he's no interest in football just likes to wind me up) I take my other lassie to Ayr games but her sister wants a Killie strip and to go to a Killie game my wife does not see the big deal and thinks I should take her, could murder the father in law as his wind up has caused all this.

29 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Wonder if. Bangala will be seen in Perth today. @Finlay21Β any news on if he is here, I know you said you were hopeful he’d be here for this game? (Obviously not going to play)

Will not be here , delay in entry visa , notice a few players from other teams awaiting this visa have started to arrive yesterday , so hopefully he is only days awayΒ