The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Maxwell signing a two year deal as a LEFT BACK what he should have been when he played for us, outstanding for Queen of the South in that position and where did we play him, I rest my case.

Reading was seen as one of our best performers at LB so it was more the fact that we signed a guy for a position where we were already strong and had to shoehorn him in somewhere.

Maxwell wasn't the problem, the problem was we sacrificed a real Midfield signing to get him in the team where he wasn't best utilised.

6 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Yeah, my dad got a phone call from Bullen this afternoon and lasted around 20 minutes to convince him to purchase a season ticket. 

My call with Virgin Media the other day didn't even last that long.

46 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Maxwell signing a two year deal as a LEFT BACK what he should have been when he played for us, outstanding for Queen of the South in that position and where did we play him, I rest my case.

I’m still not sure why we signed the guy (or why there was a clamour for him to come back) when we had a perfectly good LB in Paddy Reading. 

6 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Yeah, my dad got a phone call from Bullen this afternoon and lasted around 20 minutes to convince him to purchase a season ticket. 

I sincerely hope that Lee Bullen does not telephone me.  

If it helps the players fair enough, assume it’s a part time consultancy role anyway. This kind of thing might provide a 1% return on the the pitch but feels like we’re about 50% off it at the moment.

11 hours ago, Lochwood said:

He really wasn't outstanding for QotS, certainly not according to my mate who follows them. He really wasn't fussed that he left them and came to us. Have to admit after a relatively bright start I thought he looked generally poor towards the end of the season, very much needed time out in February to refocus.  

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

Do we know if Bangala has had a pre-season anywhere? 

He posted an Instagram story of him doing fitness drills the other day. Not seen anything with a ball though.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Do we know if Bangala has had a pre-season anywhere? 

Probably not so if/when he arrives he’ll probably be 3/4 weeks away from being match fit. Doubt he’ll feature much before the end of the first quarter. 

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Probably not so if/when he arrives he’ll probably be 3/4 weeks away from being match fit. Doubt he’ll feature much before the end of the first quarter. 

He gets sent a weekly planner from Ayr and is doing the same physical work as the rest of the squad via GPS only thing  he is not doing  is ball work , so think he will arrive up to match fitness and will only need to sharpen up on game time 

Edited by Finlay21

Does anyone know the situation with clubs regards showing games live on video this season?    Ayr's Black & White tv  page says that no games can be shown live this season however I watched the QOS game live (no comment).  Was this just because they were `"League" cup games?  

4 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Does anyone know the situation with clubs regards showing games live on video this season?    Ayr's Black & White tv  page says that no games can be shown live this season however I watched the QOS game live (no comment).  Was this just because they were `"League" cup games?  

Yes , league cup games are allowed but the league games can only be viewed (legally) outside the UK , believe there could be some sort  of subscription TV coming out to show games ( at early stage of discussions with the relevant associations) 

Edited by Finlay21