The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The fear I have now is that the gaffer panics, and plays every game from here on in not to lose - which would be a guaranteed way of totally pissing off the support from day 1.

For what it’s worth, I’m sure that our poor showing in this cup will have affected season ticket sales.

Just imagine if we had 3 wins from 3, banged in a few goals in the process, there would be decent numbers heading up to Perth and a support all pulling in the same direction.

I just cannot see for the life of me, us hitting anywhere near 1,500 season tickets sold.

I hate being so pessimistic, but last season taught me a lesson - if it looks like shit, smells like shit, and tastes like shit - it’s shit.

8 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

In his interviews Bullen keeps referring to we will be ready for the Arbroath game so if he is def using the league cup to try things out formations and players and I would think he has run that past the board.

Now the dust has settled and I’ve had a think, surely what you’ve said has to be the case? Probably to do with the fact we’re short of players, he’s having to experiment with what we’ve currently got. Despite what we’ve seen, I don’t believe that he’s that tactically inept, like surely not? He’s an experienced coach albeit at a different level. If we line up with 3 CBs against Arbroath, or the likes of McKenzie feature then my faith in him will definitely take a massive dent (which is already dented). If we’ve not registered a win after the first 3/4 games then the real questions will get asked.

I see the club are looking for a performance analyst. I’d happily do it for free. Turn up every Monday morning.

SHITE

See you next week lads. 

one comment from Bullens post match interview still rankles with me. we know there will be negativity, Oh, they have lost again, but we need to just block that out. 

If you are supposed to sell cars for a living and don’t sell any for 3 weeks in a row, try telling your boss to block out the negativity of not selling a car for 3 weeks. 

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

I think it was the 19-20 season? Pretty sure we made an arse of it at home to Stranraer and that was a reason we couldn’t get an extra player in that year…

Aye I’m sure we had lined Zak Rudden up for a loan deal that season but because we got knocked out we couldn’t finance it and he went to Plymouth. 

Was McCalls own fault in that game as he tried to shoehorn Doolan into the team when he was way past it. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I see the club are looking for a performance analyst. I’d happily do it for free. Turn up every Monday morning.

SHITE

See you next week lads. 

Makes you wonder if the hire is with a view to improving performances or working out who to blame for them.

Happy if they are actually getting an analyst in, maybe not something that will improve things immediately but good kinda thing to have in place.  Leaves the head coach to coach and someone can point out what's going wrong with their plan or individuals implementing it and he definitely needs all the help he can get. 

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I just cannot see for the life of me, us hitting anywhere near 1,500 season tickets sold.

That was always going to be an optimistic target after the past 3 seasons or so. On top of that there is the context of increases costs across the board for punters just trying to get by before considering what to spend their spare cash on. 

A marque signing would help boost sales and alleviate concerns. The names we have heard, so far, have gone elsewhere. There are some pie in the sky names being banded around, but stranger things have happened. 

I've not made my mind up yet on renewal and probably will end up not doing so because of majors costs on the horizon that will need to take priority. I'm finding it very hard to justify it after being so scunnered last season and having seen nothing so far that suggests I won't be scunnered with it costing an extra 40p a litre for the pleasure of filling my car up to do so. 

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

That bloody money should've been spent on a better squad, end of. 

It’s an entirely separate budget. We aren’t sacrificing getting a player in to fill this role. 

16 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Are we really at a level where we need what would seem such a luxury?

It it helps, then no. 
I’m assuming it will help the coaching staff know what areas the players are failing in and need to improve to make them better players and therefore assets. By f**k do a lot of them need improvement.

If it doesn’t then it becomes a drain on cash. 

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It it helps, then no. 
I’m assuming it will help the coaching staff know what areas the players are failing in and need to improve to make them better players and therefore assets. By f**k do a lot of them need improvement.

If it doesn’t then it becomes a drain on cash. 

I thought they had advanced software to tell them all of this stuff?

With Reading suspended for Saturday hopefully Ecrepont gets a chance and Bullen doesn't try anything daft like McGinty at LB.

Shame after his goal that Bryden is suspended too. Might as well throw Guthrie and Viviani on the bench and see if either of them have a spark about them.

44 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Are we really at a level where we need what would seem such a luxury?

It's not quite like bringing in Gary Holt as director of football only for him to immediately recommend putting his own son on a long-term contract.

Like it or not, this is an experiment at running the club in a more business-like, technocratic manner, and it's the owner's money that's going into it. So might as well see it out. Better to try and fail than to immediately start fishing around for the same old short-term solutions as always. Doesn't mean that people can't still complain about performances.

18 minutes ago, Iain said:

I thought they had advanced software to tell them all of this stuff?

It’ll tell them physical stats like distance and effort, this will be more technical based I’d guess. 

Other clubs have managers that can work this out by seeing the players play, then signing players that can provide what they need. Arbroath had none of this and finished miles ahead of us for example. 
It’s ok if you want long term development of players but it will probably be at the cost of short to medium term success. 

Not renewed my season ticket yet and I’ve just had a phone call from Musonda who says they’re phoning up folk to try and get them to renew.

I was always going to renew anyway just haven’t got round to it yet but I like how proactive they’re being about it. If we’d had a league cup campaign like we’ve had in the past I reckon we could’ve hit 1300 at least.

Not heard an update on the numbers in a while which makes me think we’ll be less than a 1000. Entirely understandable with the shite that’s being served up

55 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

No but we could put this money into the squad budget instead and bring in a marquee signing 

So the club can’t spend money elsewhere in the meantime? 

Bullen was given his budget ages ago and I don’t see why it should be added to at the expense of improving the club in other areas.