The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, Thumper said:

As a better you surely have a decent grasp of statistics. How often is it that clubs completely transform both their playing staff and their tactics within a fortnight of the start of a season?

Tactics is normally fairly set. Playing staff can vary massively and this can go on for a number of weeks into the season. The quality players teams sign are normally those from a league above unable to secure their preferred option. Knock on effect trickles down the leagues as players find a wage. Two or three quality players can tie things together and improve a poor situation

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I absolutely fail to see what an experienced back room staff would accomplish here. It’s the same shite being trotted out since the days of Mark Kerr. 

You cannot force coaches upon a manager who doesn’t want them. He made an attempt to bring his own guys in. For different reasons, they declined. The issues we are having right now would not be solved by employing another dinosaur at the club. 

No problem 

Ooft temperatures are pretty high on here today . People are disappointed I get that . So moving forward we now have a bounce game in Perth in a few days , anyone think we’ll have any new players in in time for that game ? Would be ideal if we did , give them a chance to settle in before the Arbroath game . Also somebody somewhere must have a clue as to the identity of the name or names we’re talking to ..... 

15 minutes ago, North British said:

Ooft temperatures are pretty high on here today . People are disappointed I get that . So moving forward we now have a bounce game in Perth in a few days , anyone think we’ll have any new players in in time for that game ? Would be ideal if we did , give them a chance to settle in before the Arbroath game . Also somebody somewhere must have a clue as to the identity of the name or names we’re talking to ..... 

Need to wait for big Keith having a wee day out in London. 

4 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

The Board’s fault, Mathie’s fault, Glendinning’s fault, Bullen’s fault. What about the fans and the town of Ayr which had failed to give all these people any encouragement with increased revenue or ticket sales for their efforts. The most pisspoor support in Scotland for the catchment area. Do your bit!

Will you just f**k off to the your big cousins forum.

3 hours ago, Shibuya said:

@wuffster Have the club given up with the match highlights these days? 

I honestly don't know what is going to happen this season. The only match I've covered was Queen of the South last week and those highlights never appeared on the official site!

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I see big Lozza Shankland is back in the Scottish Barclays. 

Pity he’s signed for the East Coast **** but I hope he does well. 

We’ll just no mention his anti-Vax ramblings from last year 👀

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think you’d be very hard pushed to identify any goal scorers in the squads of Morton, Raith, Cove, Hamilton or Arbroath. 

Of those teams there, only Arbroath have a defence worth speaking about. Those teams might not have had the same results as us but (Arbroath aside) none of them have defences better than ours personnel wise. 

And aye, I think you’ll find the vast majority of teams in this league resort to utterly tragic long ball football at some point. This league isn’t exactly renowned for silky, Tika Tika football. I think over the piece so far, we’ve at least tried to play football with the majority of attacks breaking down when it gets to the front line. 

Mitch Megginson, top goalscorer across the whole SPFL last season. 18 goals in 33 games and  24 in all competitions. Granted not done it at Championship level but he's a goalscorer. If we give him supply he'll bang them in

Our defence falls in the category you mention above, not worth talking about.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

This is grim thus far. Anyone claiming otherwise is off their head. Is there time to fix it? Undoubtedly. However, we need 2 or 3 quality additions who can lift this team.

We've played three lower league teams (two you would have expected us to steamroller) and results have been poor.

This is a wake up call for Bullen. If we start the league like this, he will be lucky to make it through the first quarter imo.

Over to you Bully. We need reinforcements pronto. Make it happen, otherwise get in the sea along with Hopkin and Duffy.

Thank you

Aaron Drinan any good? Think it's unlikely considering he's got another year on his deal down South, but it's been mentioned on our forum. What's he like? What's he like in comparison to Adeloye?

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Aaron Drinan any good? Think it's unlikely considering he's got another year on his deal down South, but it's been mentioned on our forum. What's he like? What's he like in comparison to Adeloye?

Not as good as Tomi. 

4 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Not as good as Tomi. 

Not so sure about that . We only had him for 6 or 7 games before Covid kicked in but I though he was the real deal . More an all court centre forward than Tomi , high energy and work rate with a good left peg . He’s got 13 goals in 40 games in L2 , will Tomi ? We’ll see . Would take either back in a heartbeat ....

45 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Different player to Tomi but would do well at this level given a full season. He’s quick, strong and appeared hard working for us. Only had him for a couple months before Covid hit but I really liked him and just about everyone on here wanted him back the following season. 

3 hours ago, AyrExile said:

The quality players teams sign are normally those from a league above unable to secure their preferred option. Knock on effect trickles down the leagues as players find a wage. Two or three quality players can tie things together and improve a poor situation

This is undoubtedly true, but it is also the case that e.g. Maxwell and McInroy were the difference between finishing bottom and scraping eighth. "Two good Old Firm loan signings and we can look forward to maybe scraping eighth" is a pre-season rallying cry to end them all.

3 hours ago, North British said:

If we're talking to players who were hanging off on waiting to see how we performed in the league cup we're royally fucked now!!!