The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Had my fears when Bullen came in, followed by non league English nobodies. These first 3 games have been way worse than I ever thought possible. Can only hope Arbroath were a flash in the pan and that we beat them in a few weeks. Will be a long season going by the LC campaign 

Just now, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Bit ridiculous calling for bullens head..... Give the team a chance.....

Bullen took over during the winter break and contrived to finish in a lower position than he started. The single reason burning effigies aren't being thrown on the pitch is because he's ridiculously good in front of a camera.

This is shaping up to be monumental banter territory, especially if Smith (who demonstrably has a thin skin on social media and still owns the hub and the car park) throws his toys out of the pram as the nul point results start rolling in.

6 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Bit ridiculous calling for bullens head..... Give the team a chance..... One thing that won't help is us giving them a tirade of abuse everytine we lose or go a goal down.... Yes we are not looking great but we need to get behind them regardless as we are supposed to be SUPPORTERS...... 

To do that you need to actually support them......... 

Saying that things need to improve..... And and Quickly..... 

Bullen has been in charge for 7 months and there has been zero improvement.  The only result he has conjured is that wildly improbable win at Rugby Park.  He is arguably yet to win a truly competitive game at Somerset.  On the contrary, we bottled every game against the teams around us after he took over.  And that’s before we consider the Killie game which is easily the worst derby display I’ve ever seen from an Ayr team.  In his 2 wins, he didn’t  prepare or pick the team against Arbroath and Partick weren’t bothering their shirt on the last day of the season.

Bullen doesn’t get a free pass just because of what came before him.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Bullen has been in charge for 7 months and there has been zero improvement.  The only result he has conjured is that wildly improbable win at Rugby Park.  He is arguably yet to win a truly competitive game at Somerset.  On the contrary, we bottled every game against the teams around us after he took over.  And that’s before we consider the Killie game which is easily the worst derby display I’ve ever seen from an Ayr team.  In his 2 wins, he didn’t  prepare or pick the team against Arbroath and Partick weren’t bothering their shirt on the last day of the season.

Bullen doesn’t get a free pass just because of what came before him.

Cmon lets be a little bit fair here with the facts

He's got more than 2 wins

He won at Inverness and against Raith away, but agree results against teams around us havent been up to it

8 minutes ago, Nelson said:

We probably need to make an effort to make Bullen work.  To that end, Mathie needs to put his foot down and order Bullen to get a back room staff in place.

There are probably managers out there, even in this league, who could make the current squad competitive, but it's hardly even Dunfermline-last-season territory. Most of it is garbage that should already be playing in the league below. Surely handing them all extended contracts wasn't all down to the manager.

13 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

To do that you need to actually support them......... 

I reckon I'm probably in the same situation as most folk who will be at the Arbroath game and giving the team my full backing from kick off as it's basically a clean slate and first game of a new season. 

Doesn't mean I don't have a horrendous feeling about it and will be quick to vent if we are 2 or 3 down within an hour though. 

We are worse than last season. 3 people are responsible for that, Mathie, Glendinning and Bullen 

Last season we were shite going forward and without Adeloye being a battering ram in the second part of the season we would barely have scored. Defensively we barely took a tanking last season and most goals were gifted away by stupid mistakes. 

Now, we have no goals from anywhere, no plan going forward, have signed players who have done nothing in 3 games and look every bit the non-league jobbers we hoped they wouldn't be and Smith has been conned in to stumping up 2 year deals for them. Gendinning has a lot to answer for here. 

If Bullen goes, the problems remain, we need half a dozen players in to make us lower mid table. 

Has a team ever been boo'd on to the park at an opening league fixture? 

There are probably managers out there, even in this league, who could make the current squad competitive, but it's hardly even Dunfermline-last-season territory. Most of it is garbage that should already be playing in the league below. Surely handing them all extended contracts wasn't all down to the manager.

Well I’d imagine he was a big part of the discussions. They are hardly going to extend someone’s contract if Bullen doesn’t want them to. I don’t think anyone that we renewed was a mistake. I think the issue is that we’re still lacking in a few areas and the squad isn’t fully complete yet. The only positive is that half the teams in this league are actually in the same boat and we still have time to fix it.

42 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I'm honestly away to support Partick Thistle and Uncle Ian

f**k this shit anymore man, 3 fucking years now of this pish 

Look Come GIF by Prince

How many new players do think we need now? I reckon about 4/5 experienced Scottish league players, can’t be relying on young players guiding us through this coming season

About two or three of decent enough quality would be fine. We wouldn’t be challenging for the title but we’d be mid table.

Reckon we’ll sign another two.