The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Worth remembering that Gary Harkins has won a major trophy. Which means he has won more major trophies in his career than the entire club of Ayr United has in 100+ years.

I know his ex wife, which means he’s kissed at least one woman more than you

On 15/07/2022 at 10:23, HeathrowAUFC said:

Really? That’s your take from the planning process that all major building projects are compelled to adhere to? Your spat with the chairman has left you unable to differentiate between due process & propaganda?

Sometimes, there’s nothing between the lines, just a good news story. Hopefully, most can see it for what it is.

I have seen this playbook within a calendar year 👍

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Cheers for that. Nah the sig is just a squiggle 😂 certainly looks like the lassie in the pics of the squad last season. I can now tell the kids who it is. Top guy! 

Thought so, I imagine a few players will have RSI given how much they were signing.

Most seemed happy to engage with the kids which was nice to see. On a whole I think times like today you can feel proud to support your local team or not be a glory hunter. Just need the results to follow.

13 minutes ago, Iain said:

Good news. Pretty sure today's results mean we're guaranteed to go through if we win our last two group games.

Think St Johnstone have chucked it and are carrying on their form from last season. Saying that the game is away so who knows if the rabid Perth mob can rouse them to victory. Win on Tue for us and anything is possible but I wont be betting on it 

4 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Thought so, I imagine a few players will have RSI given how much they were signing.

Most seemed happy to engage with the kids which was nice to see. On a whole I think times like today you can feel proud to support your local team or not be a glory hunter. Just need the results to follow.

Exactly this. When the player hunt was on it was constant sigs for some players for about an hour. Nice to see youngsters getting balls and shirts signed too and quite a few were getting them signed by the lassies as well. Nice for them and the young lads to get a bit of "fandom" today 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Think St Johnstone have chucked it and are carrying on their form from last season. Saying that the game is away so who knows if the rabid Perth mob can rouse them to victory. Win on Tue for us and anything is possible but I wont be betting on it 

The atmosphere at McDiarmid will be toxic if we dont beat Elgin during the week, and we'd have to win comfortably at that.

Last season we played some of the worst, most negative, football ive ever seen. He promised a change of shape and lessons learned, and instead moved us back to a shape that saw us score 9 goals in 19 home games (with, from memory, 2 being own goals) and refuses to change it. Today we played an immobile CM at RWB simply so he could play a back 5.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

The atmosphere at McDiarmid will be toxic if we dont beat Elgin during the week, and we'd have to win comfortably at that.

Last season we played some of the worst, most negative, football ive ever seen. He promised a change of shape and lessons learned, and instead moved us back to a shape that saw us score 9 goals in 19 home games (with, from memory, 2 being own goals) and refuses to change it. Today we played an immobile CM at RWB simply so he could play a back 5.

Is he going to last until next Saturday?

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Is he going to last until next Saturday?

Id imagine so. Hes been giving a fortune to spend since January and has just "rebuilt" the squad (with a bunch of guys in their mid-30s), so he'll no doubt get given a chance to start the league season, rightly or wrongly.

The club is completely half arsing everything really (we dont have strips for sale yet, official site still has last seasons squad, season tickets arent out depsite folk needing to use them for the cup games, told Annan fans they could only buy tickets online on their own website when they dont have that facility) so theyll be happy to just bumble on. Very much feels like a "job done" mentality after the double makes them all think we've peaked and they're untouchable.

Jesus Christ, @RandomGuy. you have more to moan about than us! In fairness, our off the park operation has been significantly sharpened up in the last twelve months, it's just the actual football team that look incompetent. I did see on Twitter some talk of the St Johnstone away kit being released 'soon' and thought it was quite late for a Premier team. How are ST holders getting in to these cup games then?

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This absolutely screams St Johnstone 3-0 Ayr within 35 mins next week tbh.  

6 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Jesus Christ, @RandomGuy. you have more to moan about than us! In fairness, our off the park operation has been significantly sharpened up in the last twelve months, it's just the actual football team that look incompetent. I did see on Twitter some talk of the St Johnstone away kit being released 'soon' and thought it was quite late for a Premier team. How are ST holders getting in to these cup games then?

We released the away kit yesterday, but its not up for sale yet. Home kit was released weeks ago and put up for sale, but emails were sent out this week saying it could be a month before they arrive. You cant buy our kits anywhere, even in the club shop, apart from online.

ST holders get sent an email to use instead, which you can imagine is causing problems with our older supporters who dont have smart phones (i know a fan in his 80s who had to travel to Crieff to get a print out of the email from his daughter). They used to give season ticket holders free access to video and audio of home matches through our TV channel, but they arent getting either unless they subscribe for £6 a month just now.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

This absolutely screams St Johnstone 3-0 Ayr within 35 mins next week tbh.  

3 goals is the same amount as the (fit and available) players in our squad scored at home in the entirety of the 21/22 league season combined. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

3 goals is the same amount as the (fit and available) players in our squad scored at home in the entirety of the 21/22 league season combined. 

What is a goal? 

13 hours ago, Iain said:

Good news. Pretty sure today's results mean we're guaranteed to go through if we win our last two group games.

Which ineligible players are St Johnstone and Annan planning on fielding?