The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I get the feeling all 3 of the centre backs are going to make errors and look wildly exposed / out of position the longer we continue playing them as a back 3 and asking 2 of them to pull wide to either get possession or to cover for the wing back when the other team play it into the channel.  It's painful to watch, and I'd say isn't particularly the fault of any of the 3 players. 

I don’t think Musonda had any howlers on Tuesday. He gave the ball away a couple of times but that’s the nature of how he likes to play. Kirk is in the same boat.

Michael Rose used to look very casual taking the ball in his own box and taking his time to find the right pass.
People also probably forget given his quick ascent that in Rose's first season he was raw and McCall didn't know where to play him. He was like a completely new specimen the the following season.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
2 hours ago, D said:
I don’t think Musonda had any howlers on Tuesday. He gave the ball away a couple of times but that’s the nature of how he likes to play. Kirk is in the same boat.

Michael Rose used to look very casual taking the ball in his own box and taking his time to find the right pass.

People also probably forget given his quick ascent that in Rose's first season he was raw and McCall didn't know where to play him. He was like a completely new specimen the the following season.

Aye I remember there being a lot of grumbling when he got given a new contract when we went full time after being relegated. 

21 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Aye I remember there being a lot of grumbling when he got given a new contract when we went full time after being relegated. 

Same craic with Danny Harvie when he arrived from Aberdeen . Twenty or so games later he’s the best left back in the division and the rest is history .

i believe it would have the same with Maxwell and McInroy , but they just couldn’t wait . Agents have a lot to answer for .

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Did he seem a bit casual / risky when on the ball with you ?

He did when he got an extended run in the team after Berra got injured imo. As much as we wanted to play it across the back 4 I always used to shit myself when he got the ball as there were a few times he'd dilly dally and whilst he'd pull it off he was one mistake away from putting us under severe pressure. He also had an absolute nightmare away to Dunfermline after we won the diddy cup. This is in stark contrast to his 1st season where he looked the real deal, cool, calm, played the correct ball with precision and aggressive when he wanted/needed to be. Went through a bad injury period and didn't seem the same player after that. I think finding himself out the team didn't help. Whilst he never came across as someone with an attitude problem I'd heard some murmerings that he wasn't best pleased that he wasn't getting games. I really think at that stage he felt he was better than he was and would waltz into a much bigger team up a level. As much as I'm maybe being negative I think us having a new manager and a decent pre-season under his belt might have seen him in contention of being a first pick at centre back. Alas he's went for a, no disrespect, sideways move to a team of similar size all for what seems an extra years contract.  

26 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I see we got the 3 points and 3 nil win against Elgin. However, I'm guessing the BBC article saying we now have four points is wrong?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62134898

We won on penalties for the extra point, maybe that's included in the 3-0 victory? 🤔

Today is the tenth anniversary of Mark Roberts' Ayr United smashing Motherwell 4-0 in the most false of false dawns ever witnessed.

image.thumb.png.89ece2fc328aca52a51fc1cc390eabb8.png

Edited by Iain