The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

48 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Raith & Arbroath showing how to dispatch lower league opposition in the Cup on your own patch.

Think we’re the only team in our league to lose to lower league opposition so far. 

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

The same James Maxwell that said he was too good to go on trial?

You'd say a lot of things to escape this club.

Not saying that you can't fault the attack, because you absolutely can if they can't score any of the multitude of chances they had. But jesus fucking christ, the absolute clown-shoes defence suggests local shops should be cranking up the prices of buckets and spades already.

Talk about tactics and formation is absolutely pointless when you look like shipping goals literally every single time the ball gets in your half.

Haven't kicked a ball in the league and already the hope is that maybe this season McGinty will learn to track a ball in the air or communicate with those around him. Fucked.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What's the script with the league cup? Winners go through to next round and 4 best runners up or...?

3 best runners up, which most of the time equates to 9 points and you’re through with those on 8 missing out.

Bit bored with the Somerset road end so thought I’d try P & B for the new season.

I’m pretty shocked at how bad we’ve been in our first 2 games, but I’m wondering if I should be.  For all the ups and downs, Muirhead, Maxwell, McInroy and Adeloye were 4 of our best players last season and the jury is out on whether we’ve really replaced any of them..  

Dipo will hopefully find his feet soon, but we really haven’t replaced Maxwell or McInroy at all.  Don’t know much about Musonda but I’ll admit to being a bit worried that he struggled to get a game for Raith.  Muirhead was a big lump, but he was a decent championship level centre back and it wasn’t his fault that he got stuck playing midfield for half a season.  Beyond that, McAdams, McKenzie, Houston and McGinty have pretty much picked up where they left off.  

Robbie Crawford was mentioned as being available - I didn’t think we needed him, but given how poor the midfield has been, he might be worth looking at again.

37 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Robbie Crawford was mentioned as being available - I didn’t think we needed him, but given how poor the midfield has been, he might be worth looking at again.

I would definitely be giving him a look if I was Ayr boss. Hopefully this time if signed, he won't be played on the right of midfield.

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

Don’t know much about Musonda but I’ll admit to being a bit worried that he struggled to get a game for Raith. 

I think it was more down to McGlynn having his favourites which was Berra and Bene at centre back and Tumilty at right back (a position Musonda had filled here and there). Think he notched up about 13 games for us last season. He played pretty much every game after Berra got injured so about 9 games on the bounce. Bene could have a nightmare and would invariably never get dropped so Musonda was always going to be behind both him and Berra and cover for injuries. Think Musonda was resigned to moving on at the end of the season due to lack of game time so we never really got to see the Musonda who looked every bit a player who might have made it to the Premier League in his 1st season with us. He's a player I would have absolutely kept if he could have gotten a decent pre-season under him especially now that we're in desperate need of some additional players in defence. 

29 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I think it was more down to McGlynn having his favourites which was Berra and Bene at centre back and Tumilty at right back (a position Musonda had filled here and there). Think he notched up about 13 games for us last season. He played pretty much every game after Berra got injured so about 9 games on the bounce. Bene could have a nightmare and would invariably never get dropped so Musonda was always going to be behind both him and Berra and cover for injuries. Think Musonda was resigned to moving on at the end of the season due to lack of game time so we never really got to see the Musonda who looked every bit a player who might have made it to the Premier League in his 1st season with us. He's a player I would have absolutely kept if he could have gotten a decent pre-season under him especially now that we're in desperate need of some additional players in defence. 

Did he seem a bit casual / risky when on the ball with you ?

He looks "classy" when it comes off but "useless" when it doesn't !!

I don’t think Musonda had any howlers on Tuesday. He gave the ball away a couple of times but that’s the nature of how he likes to play. Kirk is in the same boat.

Michael Rose used to look very casual taking the ball in his own box and taking his time to find the right pass.