The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Pretty disappointing that most supporters are jumping to the negatives of lost night and not bothering to mention the positives. 

Going forward we look to have improved massively on last year even though we had no goals to show for it but that'll come. 

Not shying away from the fact the defense wasn't perfect but they seemed good on the ball majority of the time and Kirk reminds me of Michael Rose being able to step out from the back and take the ball forward which was non-existent last season. 

I know we never want that sort of result but imo it was better to have it last night instead of the first game of the season against Arbroath. 

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but i think that was a blip last night caused mainly by us not taking our chances and it won't define our season to come. 

21 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Pretty disappointing that most supporters are jumping to the negatives of lost night and not bothering to mention the positives. 

Going forward we look to have improved massively on last year even though we had no goals to show for it but that'll come. 

Not shying away from the fact the defense wasn't perfect but they seemed good on the ball majority of the time and Kirk reminds me of Michael Rose being able to step out from the back and take the ball forward which was non-existent last season. 

I know we never want that sort of result but imo it was better to have it last night instead of the first game of the season against Arbroath. 

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but i think that was a blip last night caused mainly by us not taking our chances and it won't define our season to come. 

I’m sorry that I’m struggling to think of any positives after a 3-0 drubbing at home to lower league opposition which came on the back of a 0-0 draw to even lower league dross. 

We can create as many chances as we like but if you’ve got no one converting them then it’s pointless. Dipo certainly hasn’t looked like a guy who’s going to get us the required number. 

“the defense wasn’t perfect” is quite the understatement. Queens seemed to score every time they came forward. 

Your right you'd rather these results in the cup rather than the league but there is absolutely no evidence to suggest everything is suddenly going to click. 

You can’t call it a blip when it’s happend two games in a row in our only two games of the season. 

The fact is you won't win many football matches conceding three goals. I don't really understand how that's not the main takeaway from last night? Defensively it was abysmal and we scored zero goals. I find it hard to contrive a positive from that sort of result. 

Fair play to those who can look on it positively but I think you're kidding yourself on tbh. Without additions and a change in tactics, I worry that Arbroath will ragdoll us in the first League fixture. There's time to correct it but the alarm is sounding loud and clear.

Edited by Trogdor

29 minutes ago, rb123! said:

We lost 3-0 to a league one side, after not looking like scoring against a league two side. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Okay, so what we're needing is...

A new right/wing back, a centre midfielder, a catapult to fire McGinty into the sea, a possible new striker and someone to possibly help Bullen with tactics such as an assistant manager/coaching role 🤔

Seriously, a three - nil defeat to QoS is just awful. You can't blame that on the players 'Not Gelling'.

I fully understand that Bullen was a youth coach, under 23s or something at Sheffield Wednesday but this Ayr team is in dire need of experience. His faith in youth is good but only to an extent. 

There has to be someone with experience in Scotland, recently released from their contract who could join Ayr and show the young ones how it's done.

I’d kill for a mark kerr type player and a goal scorer like a Moore or a Adeloye. I also feel like we need another centre back and hope Bangala comes in and is brilliant at right back 

We need to play 433 in my mind. We would have more control in midfield if we add the extra man and the back 4 would suit us better 

42 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’d kill for a mark kerr type player and a goal scorer like a Moore or a Adeloye. I also feel like we need another centre back and hope Bangala comes in and is brilliant at right back 

We need to play 433 in my mind. We would have more control in midfield if we add the extra man and the back 4 would suit us better 

I'll 100% put it on the line right now that Dipo will score as many if not more than Adeloye scored for us.

As someone else said, everyone appears to be remembering only the good stuff from Tomi and not the matches where he was non existent, the matches where he missed absolute sitters or the matches where he skulked around looking completely disinterested.

I'd agree we need a new RB though and we also need a playmaker / goalscoring Midfielder as the main priority.

Big Arron Muirhead just scored a cracker against the unwashed, best defender on the park, letting him go was a massive mistake by Bullen.

It really wasn’t and even then he wasn’t “let go”.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'll 100% put it on the line right now that Dipo will score as many if not more than Adeloye scored for us.

As someone else said, everyone appears to be remembering only the good stuff from Tomi and not the matches where he was non existent, the matches where he missed absolute sitters or the matches where he skulked around looking completely disinterested.

I'd agree we need a new RB though and we also need a playmaker / goalscoring Midfielder as the main priority.

I think dipo worked better wide of a three, as many have said he looks better cutting into the box and linking play. I’m not saying he’s not going to score but I think he’s compliment a focal point like a Moore or someone similar 

Dipo might actually work well wide in a three with the central player being a Moffat type striker where he comes deep and creates loads of space for wingers/forwards to run inside and get a chance on goal. Bullen isn’t going to go for that though as he’ll use him as a point man and want him to lead the line.

Not really sure what Bullen is thinking right now in terms of persevering with a 3 at the back or will be go back a 4-3-3. He admitted after the Elgin game we need more players experienced in the Scottish game so I don’t think we’ll sign anymore gambles from down South.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He admitted after the Elgin game we need more players experienced in the Scottish game so I don’t think we’ll sign anymore gambles from down South.

This is a must for me. No signing is a guaranteed success but I'd like to supplement the team with a bit of known quality and experience. The oldest player yesterday was McGinty at 28. We need a couple more at that sort of age tbh.

Even more concerning is that just about every other team in the Championship has either had a decent result against a Premier League side or taken 3, 4 or 5 goals off someone in league below.  Or both.   Queens Park look to be scoring for fun - Arbroath home then QP away to start could have us in a pretty horrible position after 2 games