The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Offer Tomi absolutely anything he wants, return to a 4/3/3 or a version of it, sign a right back and a proven creative central midfielder. 

Fucking amazed if our football department thinks Houston and McGinty are good enough to start this season. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Offer Tomi absolutely anything he wants, return to a 4/3/3 or a version of it, sign a right back and a proven creative central midfielder. 

This. I get Tomi's negatives and was in no way blind to them. He had his huffs and was probably a nightmare to deal with etc etc, but at this level if he was fit all season, you're virtually guaranteed somewhere around 15 goals. I don't pretend to know football finances, but unless it was something ridiculous like the equivalent of about another 3 player's wages, we should have considered what his contribution was likely to give us against the extra cost, and coughed up. We'd have been playing League 1 without him last season, and by the looks of things, next season as well.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Fucking amazed if our football department thinks Houston and McGinty are good enough to start this season. 

Is the whole reason we are self destructing with this back 3 shite not just so Bullen can get his man-crush McGinty and shoehorn him into the team? He obviously fancies the new boy Musonda as a certain starter and won't want to piss off Arsenal by not playing Kirk so his brainstorming of "How can I keep my man in defence" has resulted in the absolute fucking shit show witnessed in the first two games and, with Bullen's stubbornness, many more to come.

14 minutes ago, the west curve said:

New manager required. 

We aren't there yet. However, the next 6 weeks will tell us a lot about how this season is going to go. I would be astonished if we sign any of the targets named earlier like Gogic etc. However, if we were to land anyone near that calibre it would go a very long way to allaying fears. 

2 hours ago, Iain said:

Club: "We are targeting 1500 season ticket sales this season."

Fans: "How do you plan to achieve that? Marquee signing? Great early results? Incredible value?"

Club: "We are targeting 1500 season ticket sales this season."

Aye, pretty much this. The club can promise as much off field things as they like but until our results on field  improve our crowds are just going to dwindle.

We’ve been miles off it last two games. I’m not going to single players out at this stage however we look worse than last season.

Looks like it’s going to be a long, hard season again. 

Had to let the dust settle on that crazy game last night . A freak of a game for sure , Queens are nothing to write home about  , however we contrived to allow them eleven attempts at goal . That would be normally enough to lose a game , however not when you create 22 yes 22 shots on goal of your own . To give it some perspective Dunfermline had 8 attempts on goal last night and scored 5 , including 2 for the pantomime villain Toderov . So all the screaming about formation and shape is really a mute point when you can’t convert anything from 22 shots on goal .  This should be our number one area of concern . A proven striking partner for Dipo must be a priority. Fund it by getting two or three out on loan . 

Second priority is pretty much agreed on , central midfield with some goals in his boots . Not easy to find but we need to sort that out . The formation issue isn’t huge , but if players need to simplify the game then 442 has to be the least complicated option , just slide Frankie across to right back . It does mean that either Murdy or Dempsey get shifted out of central midfield when The Ghost arrives from France . 

Last but certainly not least the elephant in the room , Mr McAdams . Had my suspicions last season but last nights performance and howler has him firmly behind Albinson for me now . Not a smashing position to be in . But it is what it is . Got two bounce games now to sort it out . Let’s get on with it .... 

Is the whole reason we are self destructing with this back 3 shite not just so Bullen can get his man-crush McGinty and shoehorn him into the team? He obviously fancies the new boy Musonda as a certain starter and won't want to piss off Arsenal by not playing Kirk so his brainstorming of "How can I keep my man in defence" has resulted in the absolute fucking shit show witnessed in the first two games and, with Bullen's stubbornness, many more to come.
That could work if one of those three could step out regularly into a holding role in midfield.

I'm more worried by our midfield two and our attacking options (based on reports).

What's happened to Murdoch?

And is the boy up front offering anything?

Ashford looked a really handful on the wing at the end of last season and o,daire can obviously be hit or miss.

But we need a threat going forward.

17 minutes ago, North British said:

Second priority is pretty much agreed on , central midfield with some goals in his boots . Not easy to find but we need to sort that out . The formation issue isn’t huge , but if players need to simplify the game then 442 has to be the least complicated option , just slide Frankie across to right back . It does mean that either Murdy or Dempsey get shifted out of central midfield when The Ghost arrives from France . 

Mostly agree that simple is best but, we also have the option of 451 keeping Murdoch and Dempsey as anchors and a Stephen Kelly type midfielder in behind the striker with two wide men supporting from the flanks. 

Presume the guy who once sat on the bench for Arsenal is toilet since he's not been mentioned once. 

Think he sold the first goal (wasn’t helped by the parting of our defence when we lost the ball) but looked okay besides that. Seems comfy on the ball and brought it out into midfield a couple of times.

I thought he was the best of our back 3 last night.

Strange game all round.  On the one hand, I can't remember a game in a long time where we have created so many chances and had shots on target etc, the problem there of course is that we didn't take them.  In fact, of the 12 saves or whatever it was the keeper had I can only think of a couple where he even had to dive - everything seemed straight at him.   Typically the only times he was beaten Dipo hit woodwork- either of those would have been really good goals, hopefully once he gets one the rest will come. 

On the other hand, any time Queens won a second ball or 50/50 and just knocked it up the channel and got someone up to support, we looked all over the place.     

Gives me the fear for Arbroath in a couple of weeks - Dick Campbell and the team he has could have a field day.   Get bodies back and throw yourself in front of every shot.   Let Reading and Houston have space to cross it and just defend the box as 9/10 times it will be cleared easily, then just hit on break and have time and space to finish.  

Edited by Hursty

Adeloye isn't coming back, especially not to a situation where he'd once again be expected to dig a total fucking shambles out by himself every week.

Honestly struggling to think of a single manager, anywhere really, with a bigger talk:walk ratio than Bullen at this point

10 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

The squad looks worse than last year, the same problems are happening and we now have new ones.

I don’t think it is worse than the one that started last season, at all.

The defence has got to be better purely by the addition of Musonda as a replacement for any of the 3 centre halves who left. Dempsey is unquestionably an upgrade on Sleepy Joe in midfield. Out wide it’s much of a muchness.

The only area we’re worse off in is up front with Tomi leaving. I’d like to think we’re looking for a replacement.

The squad might well turn out to be still shite but on paper it’s far more balanced than the one Hopkin built which had about 15 defenders and 2 midfielders.

I’d say the issue is far more that they’re being set up the same way Hopkin had them last season - getting as many defenders on the pitch as possible and being told to run about lots.

47 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Presume the guy who once sat on the bench for Arsenal is toilet since he's not been mentioned once. 

Reminds me of the L1 version of Michael Rose. Comfortable on the ball but needs to learn when to not overplay and probably still a bit to learn about the physical battles he’ll get up here.

Made one of / the main error(s) for the first goal but looked like he just slipped although hard to say for definite without another look at it however lucky for Bullen we don't seem to be doing highlights.

11 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Made one of / the main error(s) for the first goal but looked like he just slipped although hard to say for definite without another look at it however lucky for Bullen we don't seem to be doing highlights.

I sent them to B&WTV last night... if it is not up in a couple of hours I'll stick it on the old Youtube channel.

(I am led to believe when the League starts all videos will be available on Youtube which should improve things...)

3 minutes ago, wuffster said:

I sent them to B&WTV last night... if it is not up in a couple of hours I'll stick it on the old Youtube channel.

(I am led to believe when the League starts all videos will be available on Youtube which should improve things...)

That's good to hear. Not that we've had many performances worth watching again in recent seasons but the ease of logging onto Youtube in the morning and knowing 9 times out of 10 the highlights were up and being able to watch through the TV was far better and easier than the set up last year.  

Failing to see why there was so much hype around Dempsey. Guy has been anonymous in both games but these kinds of players tend to escape scrutiny because they don’t make any mistakes. Whole team is just another binfire and I can’t think of another championship team worse than us at the minute.