The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Well that was grim. Against Elgin and QOS it was hard to know who the "lower" league team was. Took my cousins kid as a treat so neglected the NT for the stand and sad to report a nethanderal was at it tonight. 

Bullen certainly talks a good game but really needs to back this up with results and quickly. Any goodwill is fast evaporating 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Well that was grim. Against Elgin and QOS it was hard to know who the "lower" league team was. Took my cousins kid as a treat so neglected the NT for the stand and sad to report a nethanderal was at it tonight. 

Bullen certainly talks a good game but really needs to back this up with results and quickly. Any goodwill is fast evaporating 

I think we all know who's to blame for that result tonight..

Happy Season 5 GIF by The Office

At times we looked decent in attack,the first 5 minutes of the game we were looking decent. After hitting the woodwork twice and having a 2nd half shot cleared off the line we really should have scored at least one. 

Fundamentally though our defence was horrendously exposed far too often, felt like every through ball QOS played led to them getting into the penalty box. They seemed to get far too much time on the ball at times, felt as if Murdoch and Dempsey were getting overrun at times. Having 5 at the back clearly will not work if it just results in the midfield getting overrun constantly.

Especially frustrating is the 3 goals came from mistakes from us. I'm not sure what McAdams was trying in punching the ball which led to their 2nd.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Certainly wasnt expecting it from a team beaten by fecking Annan 3 days ago. Sorry lads, I'll refrain from any pre match talk from now on. 

You are the optimists optimist. Irrespective of who we are playing you always believe we have a chance. Just don't go jinxing us and we'll get along great.

How did your cousins kid enjoy the treat? Any chance of adding another supporter to our ranks?

Two games same result totally overrun in the middle Dempsey and Murdoch miles of the pace and all the other lot were so poor,  made 5/6 good chances missed the lot ALARM  bells ringing out loud. These two coming in had better be first team material next no more from down south this ain’t working.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

You are the optimists optimist. Irrespective of who we are playing you always believe we have a chance. Just don't go jinxing us and we'll get along great.

How did your cousins kid enjoy the treat? Any chance of adding another supporter to our ranks?

It's the hope that kills you!

Yeah despite the result he had a good day. Think the highlight was the Happy Meal before it 😂 he will be back and is already tagging along to the Fun Day

No more plucking players from the air down south.

We need to somehow find a few known quantities that can help us score now. 

This feels no better than the start of last season 

6 minutes ago, diege said:

No more plucking players from the air down south.

We need to somehow find a few known quantities that can help us score now. 

This feels no better than the start of last season 

The wee lad up front for Queens tonight would have been a great addition. 

I said last week that this season we will either be really shite or really good. well, 2 games in and I think we know what it will be.

McAdams is either rooted to his line or comes out and flaps at things

3 at the back with two wing backs who don't get forward and we don't use at all means that we are essentially playing a flat back 5 which have been defensively worse than we were with a 4 last season. The two in midfield are defensive minded and not helped enough by wide players, up front there is still no coherent plan to try to score goals, final balls are poor, crosses not finding any one, finishing dreadful. 

Musonda looks passable, Dipo already looks a haddy, gets in to good positions and manages to miss when its easier to score.  JML was dreadful, lightweight, couldn't beat a man, was gubbed for pace. We are then relying on kids coming off the bench to try and get something out the game. The squad looks worse than last year, the same problems are happening and we now have new ones. Absolute powderpuff, the amount of 50/50's that were shat out, no urgency, allowing the time wasting etc without being in the ref's ear, bullied all game. 

I wonder if I can return my unused season ticket before the Arbroath game. It was bad on Saturday,  he picked the same formation and it was bad again tonight, There are no players in the wings waiting to come in so we will be stuck with this shower till January unless we can pick up a load of loans. 

Absolute shite. 

Screaming out for midfielders that can take the ball and  get forward because Dempsey and Murdoch won’t here’s what’s available and some are free agents, fail here and we have had it, and the sign of half the fans leaving with ten minutes to go last night will be more embarrassing in the weeks ahead, and any chance we had of increasing ticket sales has gone, people won’t pay to watch that.

Dylan Tait. Scott Allan. Alex Gogic all Hibs surely Mathie has a connection there

Liam Grimshaw Motherwell

Harry Paton Ross County

i know some will be costly but we haven’t spent anything in the area where we need too.

Club: "We are targeting 1500 season ticket sales this season."

Fans: "How do you plan to achieve that? Marquee signing? Great early results? Incredible value?"

Away at the moment so not seen any of the games so far. Would love to know who the players are Bullen is referring to about playing their way out the team. Really hope Bangala is cleared soon so he can come in and hopefully nail down a spot. I wonder if the Houston problem will change Bullens mind and look for a new right back. I have always said I’ll give him a chance and back him, however if he’s becoming stubborn and not changing what is quite clearly not working, he’s got to lose a lot of backing very quickly. Needs to get new faces in for the last 2 games to try salvage some sort of decent ending to this league cup campaign. 

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Fans: "How do you plan to achieve that? Marquee signing? Great early results? Incredible value?"

:lol: