The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 home wins in 11 from Bullen and both of those have caveats with the Arbroath win coming after someone else coached the team all week and Partick playing it like the dead rubber it was for them.  9 goals in those 11 games.  Miles from good enough from the bald fraud. 

I don’t know how folk are watching that and saying we lost because of our formation and not the fact that we missed a good six or seven absolute sitters. Akinyemi looks okay but we won’t score many with him and Ashford.

Each goal for them seemed to come after we missed two or three chances and then a stupid bit of defending. I don’t think changing formation will make our finishing better.

You can argue until Christmas about formation or whatever but if you can’t score a single goal after all those chances it won’t matter a single f**k.

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Is Dipo actually a no 9? Some of his best play is cutting in from outside the box.

So basically we now have a team of wide players, but don’t actually play a system that suits any of them. Genuinely fucking hilarious, and reflects horrifically on the strategy of Mathie, Glendinning and Bullen. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t know how folk are watching that and saying we lost because of our formation and not the fact that we missed a good six or seven absolute sitters. Akinyemi looks okay but we won’t score many with him and Ashford.

Each goal for them seemed to come after we missed two or three chances and then a stupid bit of defending. I don’t think changing formation will make our finishing better.

You can argue until Christmas about formation or whatever but if you can’t score a single goal after all those chances it won’t matter a single f**k.

Every goal tonight came from mistakes because they aren’t used to playing in that formation. Also far too much room for the opposition to exploit wide positions and get the balm in the box. Back three can gtf

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Do you construct Bullen’s post-match interviews for him?

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It's hard to win football matches when you concede three goals. We were profligate up front and Queens were clinical. Both are fair points.

However, the formation clearly isn't working for the players. We gave QoS acres of time and space in the middle of the park and they picked us off.

I don't really buy the on another night we'd have scored a few, it's what Bullen will likely say but I think it's straw clutching.

Two home games against lower league opposition and zero goals. Its better than Saturday but still rancid.

Yeah I'd be feeling a lot more charitable had the game finished 0 0 and we hadn't gift wrapped goals to Queens.
I also wouldn't mind so much if it was evident on tonight's viewing what Bullen is trying to do; granted players need time to gel and get to know each other, but I have no idea what it's supposed to be.

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

2 home wins in 11 from Bullen and both of those have caveats with the Arbroath win coming after someone else coached the team all week and Partick playing it like the dead rubber it was for them.  9 goals in those 11 games.  Miles from good enough from the bald fraud. 

It's getting harder and harder to argue against this. Absolute fucking shambles once again tonight, to follow on from the same last Saturday.

Well, that was...interesting.

I can't think too many of us have seen teams at our level successfully playing 3 at the back - it just does not work with the quality of footballers we have. Jordan Houston is barely adequate as a full back so he sure is hell isn't going to be any good with attacking duties as well. Dempsey and Murdoch have lost the midfield battle against lower league opposition two games in on the spin - Bangala better be a helluva player when he finally arrives. I'm not particularly sure why we have signed JML and O'Connor if we are going to play 3-5-2, they just don't fit in to that type of system. I would play Albinson over McAdams for the foreseeable - I don't rate Aiden at all.

Sort it out Bullen or you'll be away by October - God only knows what Annan will do to us next week!

One of the best performances i've seen from us since the start of the Kerr era, in an attacking sense, need to see the goals again to comment on the defending but when you play the 3 at the back you're always going to be liable to be exposed. No idea why nobody is mentioning the fact McAdams was 100% at fault for the 2nd and not the defence.

Those players tonight were taught the harshest of lessons about not taking your chances cause we could have scored about 7, Akinyemi could have scored 5 and even McGinty had a worldie shot saved and another off the line. 

Liked the flow of the 3/4/3 and hope Bully sticks to it, folk need to calm down and realise it'll take time to get used to it, yes we lost 3-0 tonight to a team in the league below us but it's not as if we were pish in every sense.

Tonight we created more chances than we probably had in the 2nd half of last season!!!

For me the weakness is not trying something different and failing, it's being too stubborn to accept it doesn't work and ending up trying to force it and making like for like changes instead of accepting defeat and changing it. 

Hard to believe we've worked on that pre-season as the players are clearly struggling and once we went 2-0 down we looked desperate and had no real patterns of play. 

Seems to be a risk in over complicating football at the level when 4-4-2 is still as effective as all these other formations if you have the right players. 

The consistent issue between Saturday and tonight is with the back 5 and McGinty having to play wide as he's forced to cover when Reading goes forward. It risks undoing all the good he did in the 2nd half of last season as he's more exposed due to not being great on the ball and not having the pace to recover when out of position during the defensive transition. 

At least Saturday has been advertised as an Open Day rather than a Fun Day.

40 minutes ago, rb123! said:

One of the best performances i've seen from us since the start of the Kerr era, in an attacking sense, need to see the goals again to comment on the defending but when you play the 3 at the back you're always going to be liable to be exposed. No idea why nobody is mentioning the fact McAdams was 100% at fault for the 2nd and not the defence.

Those players tonight were taught the harshest of lessons about not taking your chances cause we could have scored about 7, Akinyemi could have scored 5 and even McGinty had a worldie shot saved and another off the line. 

Liked the flow of the 3/4/3 and hope Bully sticks to it, folk need to calm down and realise it'll take time to get used to it, yes we lost 3-0 tonight to a team in the league below us but it's not as if we were pish in every sense.

Tonight we created more chances than we probably had in the 2nd half of last season!!!

Happy Spring Break GIF by HBO