The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Got to wait till this cup section games are over before judgement on the new players up to now

Musondo  looks the part and better than Baird and the other big one forgot his name already, would have liked to have kept Muirhead in there and would have been fine for the centre backs let’s hope the arsenal boy can show something.

Akinyemi I already like works twice as hard as Adeloye and if he gets a couple goals will help him, I’ve a feeling Ashford will help him.

Young Hewitt showed up well on Saturday very unlucky not to score.

Smith the one I had high hopes for but allowed himself to be bullied through the game quite concerning

Mcallister , Houston, McKenzie,

Definitely need another striker , midfielder and a centre half and we are good to go.

I couldn’t believe all the hype over Smith from one game last season. Yes he played well against Thistle but for everyone to suddenly think he was going to be a mainstay in our midfield this season is just bonkers.

9 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I couldn’t believe all the hype over Smith from one game last season. Yes he played well against Thistle but for everyone to suddenly think he was going to be a mainstay in our midfield this season is just bonkers.

The worrying thing is that Smith would appear to be the only player on our books who is capable of taking a set piece or crossing a ball properly.

Reading at times has a good delivery but the rest of them have already proven that they're incapable of taking a corner or free kick.

It spoke volumes that Smith was on all our set pieces on Saturday, despite, as you say, having only played 1 match for the first team.

As such, it only confirms that a ball playing Midfielder is an urgent necessity.

Bullen at the end of the season - I'll give youth a chance

Ayr fans - Hurray

Bullen fields most of them in the first game of the season

Ayr fans - OH for f**k sake

One of the most toothless games since the Hopkin era, Bullen looks to his bench and brings on even younger players. 

I'd hope that Ashford, O'Conner and Mitchel-Lawson will get a start tomorrow along side Akinyemi. 

45 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

One of the most toothless games since the Hopkin era, Bullen looks to his bench and brings on even younger players. 

Bryden fair enough, but Hewitt is months younger than Houston and McKenzie. They were all born in 2000.

Hewitt and O'Connor are older than the players they replaced.

Edited by RedEd

39 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Bryden fair enough, but Hewitt is months younger than Houston and McKenzie. They were all born in 2000.

Hewitt and O'Connor are older than the players they replaced.

The post wasn't entirely serious but thanks as always for your pedantry 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The Craig Sibbald dream is over. Signed a two year deal with Dundee United.

Only the signing of Scott Allan or Stephen Kelly can make this right. 

Was Scott Allan not a joke?

On 09/07/2022 at 03:00, Finlay21 said:

Notice for fans looking for new away top 

We have been advised they will be ready for sale next Saturday in sizes from 5 years to 4XL 

Any lesuirewear on the horizon?

11 hours ago, WATTOO said:

The worrying thing is that Smith would appear to be the only player on our books who is capable of taking a set piece or crossing a ball properly.

Reading at times has a good delivery but the rest of them have already proven that they're incapable of taking a corner or free kick.

It spoke volumes that Smith was on all our set pieces on Saturday, despite, as you say, having only played 1 match for the first team.

As such, it only confirms that a ball playing Midfielder is an urgent necessity.

Apart from he wasn't.

Smith delivered all the corners from one side and Reading from the other, all game. Your general point is sound though, we need more quality options for set pieces and more attack from midfield. 

Agree Albinson was excellent, not just the one-on-one but being ready and willing to come out and collect, tackle or clear a ball as required. I like McAdams, especially his shot stopping but there is more to keeping than that, and God does he like to stay on his line or what?

For me, Musonda was Man of the Match, read the game really well, strong and pretty fast and for cutting out danger before it had even manifested itself. Also a decent ball carrier - I thought he looked very promising but early days all round.

9 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

The post wasn't entirely serious but thanks as always for your pedantry 

Apologies for not detecting the attempt at subtle humour in your post when the tone was in keeping with many of your other posts.

45 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

What about new Hummel branded stuff? I just can't help myself...

We are looking but it tends to be the same stuff at the moment , couple of new style t shirts and hoodies ordered but can’t give delivery times currently on those 

13 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Bucket hats ye say 🤔

I still have one of the original Ayr bucket hats from the late 80s somewhere. 
Fortunately it no longer fits my massive dome and I haven’t been able to look like a total fanny wearing it since 1990