The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 hours ago, wuffster said:

Are there any highlights from yesterday available?

Are you still going to be doing the highlights package this season? Always enjoyed (result dependant) your highlights packages. 

Hearing Ayr are interested in Scott Allan 

Shroo balls galore for Dipo.

Did Mathie not try (and fail) to get rid of him whilst at Hibs which led to him not being able to sign his targets which ultimately cost him his job?

Scott Allan needs to pay his bills the same as everyone else, if he doesn’t have many offers, maybe due to his health issues then he’ll take the best one which could be Ayrs

I would doubt that Ayrs would be the best offer or the most attractive offer he’ll get.

On 10/07/2022 at 00:30, pandarilla said:

Anyone know why penalties in the league cup don't go to sudden death after the first 5?

What is the fucking point in this? You either have the bonus point or not. There's no advantage that I can see.

On 10/07/2022 at 07:42, TheScarf said:

They do, Chick Young missed Falkirk scoring one and doubled down. Falkirk won 5-4 and he thought it was 4-4.  

Albion Rovers beat Stranraer 15-14 on penalties in one of them a couple of seasons ago.

26 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Albion Rovers beat Stranraer 15-14 on penalties in one of them a couple of seasons ago.

We beat Peterhead 11-10 a couple of years back too.

Saturday basically told us nothing, simply because half of that side won't be anywhere near the starting 11 (well, I hope not anyway).

Out of all the ones you'd call "squad players", the only one who had a decent input was Albinson who was probably man of the match for us with his match saving save in the first half and 2 penalty saves in the shoot out.

As we've all agreed, it was VERY disappointing stuff and other than get a bit closer to match fitness for Dempsey, Murdoch, Reading, Musonda, McGinty and Dipo, it basically served little purpose at all !!

We have signed a number of attacking wide players so surely 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 are the options you should be looking at.

Im hoping it was a one of experiment to look at plan b or c that hopefully wont be repeated.

I get that its better to have tried in a proper game to see how it goes rather than a friendly and Elgin was probably the best choice of game, but a) if we win the games v Elgin, QotS and Annan we should be in the next round a potential decent pay day and b) if we are going with 4-3-3 I would rather we were bedding in the new guys to ensure everyone is happy with plan a!

Got to wait till this cup section games are over before judgement on the new players up to now

Musondo  looks the part and better than Baird and the other big one forgot his name already, would have liked to have kept Muirhead in there and would have been fine for the centre backs let’s hope the arsenal boy can show something.

Akinyemi I already like works twice as hard as Adeloye and if he gets a couple goals will help him, I’ve a feeling Ashford will help him.

Young Hewitt showed up well on Saturday very unlucky not to score.

Smith the one I had high hopes for but allowed himself to be bullied through the game quite concerning

Mcallister , Houston, McKenzie,

Definitely need another striker , midfielder and a centre half and we are good to go.