The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

They do, Chick Young missed Falkirk scoring one and doubled down. Falkirk won 5-4 and he thought it was 4-4.  
Ahh is that what happened. I wasn't listening to the football much yesterday but I caught those few minutes as I was trying to get the Ayr score (in penalties).

That makes sense.

30 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I think we are missing someone in the Moff mould that can link midfield and attack.

Still had too many long passes yesterday that were are best 50/50.

When playing possession based football from the back, we spread out too thinly and we’re guilty of giving possession away as Elgin were man for man if not more in midfield.

When going long, we lost out on too many second balls.

We rarely hunted in packs or had more than 1 pass option at best.

I really think we made that game harder for ourselves than it really needed to be.

Also, I really think we need to play 433

We have 2 really good midfielders in Murdoch and Dempsey, but they will be easily nullified by extra numbers from the opposition.

Dont know for certain but I would be amazed if Bullen thought that was his league starting 11.

Some of our best attacks (not that we had many) resulted from a 40 yard diagonal from Musonda to Reading. It was actually the playing the ball through the Midfield which was an abject failure and without someone with drive, quick feet and a good range of passing in there, then we need to be playing with wingers, get the ball wide to JML on one side and O'Connor on the other and run at people, that would seem to be our best bet with this squad of players.

34 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I think we are missing someone in the Moff mould that can link midfield and attack.

Still had too many long passes yesterday that were are best 50/50.

When playing possession based football from the back, we spread out too thinly and we’re guilty of giving possession away as Elgin were man for man if not more in midfield.

When going long, we lost out on too many second balls.

We rarely hunted in packs or had more than 1 pass option at best.

I really think we made that game harder for ourselves than it really needed to be.

Also, I really think we need to play 433

We have 2 really good midfielders in Murdoch and Dempsey, but they will be easily nullified by extra numbers from the opposition.

Dont know for certain but I would be amazed if Bullen thought that was his league starting 11.

100% no chance !!!

And Yes, I'm pretty certain about this !!!

12 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Ahh is that what happened. I wasn't listening to the football much yesterday but I caught those few minutes as I was trying to get the Ayr score (in penalties).

That makes sense.

Liam McLeod was like ‘ummmm are you sure, Chick? Penalty shoot outs don’t end in draws?’

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Absolutely need to hear a clip of this! Surely they should be broadcasting this far and wide...

Will be on the iPlayer. No idea what time stamp it’ll be but it the program finished at 6 and it was about 5-10 past 5 when the penalties were being taken I think. So basically listen to it an hour from the end of the show. 

58 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Some of our best attacks (not that we had many) resulted from a 40 yard diagonal from Musonda to Reading. It was actually the playing the ball through the Midfield which was an abject failure and without someone with drive, quick feet and a good range of passing in there, then we need to be playing with wingers, get the ball wide to JML on one side and O'Connor on the other and run at people, that would seem to be our best bet with this squad of players.

Aye in the first half Houston was actually taking up good positions wide and quite high up the park. We just did absolutely nothing with it though.  

7 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Sibbald joined Dundee United and to think some people actually thought he was gonna join Ayr tragic really 

Including Bullen who said we made him an offer he and his agent were happy with but he was waiting to see if he could stay in the Premier league........which he has. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

1 hour ago, General dissaray said:

Sibbald joined Dundee United and to think some people actually thought he was gonna join Ayr tragic really 

The only thing that's tragic on here is your posts. What a wet blanket you are. Give it a rest ffs

Yesterday probably raises more questions than answers. The main one being why did we play a 5-3-2 formation? If it’s because this is the formation we plan to go with this season then why we bothering signing wingers? 

55 minutes ago, United1973 said:

What is happening with back room staff for bullen ? 

Staying as is but he was increasing one of the coaches hours. That was what Bullen said at the vision night. He seemed content with that arrangement tbf.

Edited by Trogdor