The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Don’t care who we are playing just happy the football is back.  Looking forward to seeing some if not all of the players we have signed. Intrigued by the fact we have signed a “ different “ type of player rather than the usual suspects and seeing how they do through the season. 

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Hopefully another CB, Attacking Midfielder and a striker. Attacking midfielder is the priority. 

I would say the priority falls perhaps more on the side of character rather than position.  Experience of the game, knowledge of the scottish league and being able to guide young players through a match might help us

12 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

My nephew was born in Kilmarnock as well.

Poor boy.

I wasn’t born there but moved near it by choice.

Where’s my pity?

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Hopefully another CB, Attacking Midfielder and a striker. Attacking midfielder is the priority. 

Any rumours of Dylan Tait joining Ayr? Hibs are sending him out on loan and I’m sure it was Mathie that signed him there. Think he also lives in the west and is a forward thinking central midfielder that Ayr seem to be lacking looking at their squad. 

12 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Any rumours of Dylan Tait joining Ayr? Hibs are sending him out on loan and I’m sure it was Mathie that signed him there. Think he also lives in the west and is a forward thinking central midfielder that Ayr seem to be lacking looking at their squad. 

Interesting shout actually. I hadn't considered him but would certainly be all for it.

Hopefully Hibs have forgiven us for not playing Steven Bradley enough last season, when Dinosaur Duffy wouldn't play attacking players.

41 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Not that I’ve heard but I wouldn’t be against it. We were apparently after Daniel MacKay along with yourselves but he’s obviously went back to ICT so it’s a club we’re obviously looking at for loan players.

I reckon we’re going to play a 4-3-3 this season. Murdoch and Dempsey are both more defensively minded so we need a more advanced midfielder to chip in with some goals. 

45 minutes ago, AllySloan said:
1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
This for me today games probably came to quickly for Kirk and JML but hopefully we see them get some game time.

446ddd5c80e00e1295791894871d4ae5.jpg

Think you're right with the lineup. Who's the most likely to sit back in the midfield?

Most likely I reckon Murdoch