The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

I think the Arsenal chap has already trained with Ayr too, and so will have been seen in the flesh by management, and possibly have been looked at prior to now if he's been on the radar. Granted it's not a Bells division one match situation but it's still better than blindly taking a guy from a big club.

Bell's 🤣 You crack me up!

Edited by Shibuya

27 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Got to laugh at the negativity about signing the boy from arsenal who seems highly rated by them, in so much hes trained and been in and around a matchday squad for their 1st team. Yet the same people cream themselves over non league jouneymen. Wild take tbh. 

Feel free to point out the negativity alone, never mind combined with that same person loving non league signings...

Stating that he is an unknown quantity isn’t negative. 

Given Sibbald's recent history with injuries and covid (twice), I'm not so sure that we should be pinning all our hopes on him should he sign. 

Personally I am looking forward to seeing Jaydon play though and also Dipo and of course we're pretty sure that we've got a quality defender in Musonda.

Bangala and the boy from Arsenal could be ANYTHING but that's sometimes the beauty of these types of signings rather that the run of the mill limited scope types that come through the Scottish Championship merry go round.

As I said before, all good for me !!

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Got to laugh at the negativity about signing the boy from arsenal who seems highly rated by them, in so much hes trained and been in and around a matchday squad for their 1st team. Yet the same people cream themselves over non league jouneymen. Wild take tbh. 

Where's the negativity? 

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Looking though the squad we could easily field a first 11 with no Scots in it, the only position is LB that Paddy and Finn would likely play, wonder if that has ever happened in our history.

images.jpg.dc6655881d57d636b0fb0b5397bd00b8.jpg

I'd be surprised if this fanny didn't manage it. 

This was the "United nations" back page of the daily record, Stainrod signed 6 non-Scots on a Friday night plus Gary fucking Patterson. 

Nylen who was Swedish, brilliant and miles above Ayr's level and left pretty quickly

Bruce Anderson played for the USA at a world cup, His family stayed in Troon, Stainrod reportedly met him in a boozer in the town and offered him a game, he left after being unremarkable in his one appearance.

Regis Gourges, French. decent winger who hung about for a while

Claudio Valletta, Italian. Played one game, didn't turn up to training, turns out he'd flown back to Italy and didn't pay his hotel bill

"Strolling" Frank Rolling, French, class act, left and signed for Leicester

Jullian Dow, English, Signed from Marbella, scored a belter of a volley on his debut, did nothing else other than tell the story of his signing talk that included going in to a pub to tell a lassie Stainrod had dumped her. 

This thread depresses me at times......
Who would you prefer we sign??? There is a total dearth of players in Scottish football just now.... Practically no CBs are available or un signed.... To sign a lad from arsenal as young is a risk.. But it's ARSENAL.... who are on a total different level to us.... 
There must be something about the lad... Give him a chance [emoji848][emoji848]
Who would you prefer Broadfoot??? [emoji12]

What the f**k are you pair seeing?

There's absolutely no negativity around this signing. Some folk are getting far too excited and others are showing a bit of realism.

Every Ayr fan will be happy with this signing (and hopefully the other couple of loans we can get) - but folk get overly hyped and expect the same from everyone else.

36 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

images.jpg.dc6655881d57d636b0fb0b5397bd00b8.jpg

I'd be surprised if this fanny didn't manage it. 

This was the "United nations" back page of the daily record, Stainrod signed 6 non-Scots on a Friday night plus Gary fucking Patterson. 

Nylen who was Swedish, brilliant and miles above Ayr's level and left pretty quickly

Bruce Anderson played for the USA at a world cup, His family stayed in Troon, Stainrod reportedly met him in a boozer in the town and offered him a game, he left after being unremarkable in his one appearance.

Regis Gourges, French. decent winger who hung about for a while

Claudio Valletta, Italian. Played one game, didn't turn up to training, turns out he'd flown back to Italy and didn't pay his hotel bill

"Strolling" Frank Rolling, French, class act, left and signed for Leicester

Jullian Dow, English, Signed from Marbella, scored a belter of a volley on his debut, did nothing else other than tell the story of his signing talk that included going in to a pub to tell a lassie Stainrod had dumped her. 

Was an Only An Excuse clip on that - Chick Young slagging Stainrod for signing all these foreign diddies, instead of some good old fashioned Scottish diddies instead (or something along those lines)

Was Dowe the one that did an interview about how he was far too good for the level and that someone had done him in training cos they were jealous of his suits or something ?

Looking though the squad we could easily field a first 11 with no Scots in it, the only position is LB that Paddy and Finn would likely play, wonder if that has ever happened in our history.
Wasn't Reading born in England? Certainly has an English north-east accent?

I don't many of us would really care where the players come from, provided they're half-decent and show effort and commitment on the pitch.

Makes a pleasant change from the usual merry-go-round of jobbers who always seem to be looking for a club this time of year.

5 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Wasn't Reading born in England? Certainly has an English north-east accent?

Personally I don't many of us really care where the players come from, provided their decent and show effort and commitment on the pitch.

Makes a pleasant change from the usual merry-go-round of jobbers who always seem to be looking for a club.

He played for Scotland at u19 and U21 

30 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What the f**k are you pair seeing?

There's absolutely no negativity around this signing. Some folk are getting far too excited and others are showing a bit of realism.

Every Ayr fan will be happy with this signing (and hopefully the other couple of loans we can get) - but folk get overly hyped and expect the same from everyone else.

Well said.

Bill Murray Applause GIF by MOODMAN

28 minutes ago, super_carson said:
33 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:
He played for Scotland at u19 and U21 

I'd always assumed he was Scottish because he'd played Scotland age-grwde stuff. Was surprised to hear his accent when he was interviewed.

Your accent doesn't always discern your nationality...you should hear the way I speak :lol: 

59 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Was an Only An Excuse clip on that - Chick Young slagging Stainrod for signing all these foreign diddies, instead of some good old fashioned Scottish diddies instead (or something along those lines)

Was Dowe the one that did an interview about how he was far too good for the level and that someone had done him in training cos they were jealous of his suits or something ?

Aye, he wasn't kind about his time at Ayr, he was pretty dreadful as well.