The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

All signings are a gamble and some players dont work out and others flourish.

You just have to look at some of our recent signings, the Mark Kerr team for example we thought we had pulled off a coup getting Walsh, Anderson etc and look how that turned out.

On the flip side there were plenty of doubters when we signed Shankland.

As always lets just hope for the best

Just now, honestly united said:

All signings are a gamble and some players dont work out and others flourish.

You just have to look at some of our recent signings, the Mark Kerr team for example we thought we had pulled off a coup getting Walsh, Anderson etc and look how that turned out.

On the flip side there were plenty of doubters when we signed Shankland.

As always lets just hope for the best, and judge once he's played a few games

Gonna be interesting team lines tomorrow, does young Kirk get a start ? Indeed does JML get a start or does Bully have them on the bench for the last half hour . 

Looks like we are still looking for a lefty , doubt it’ll be Sibald , but at least we tried to get him . Maybe these kind of players are a couple of seasons away yet . There’s been others linked , just need to wait and see .

Game day at last tomorrow , looking forward to seeing how we gel , how the new guys fit in and of course seeing our new no 9 getting off the mark .

2 minutes ago, North British said:

Gonna be interesting team lines tomorrow, does young Kirk get a start ? Indeed does JML get a start or does Bully have them on the bench for the last half hour . 

Looks like we are still looking for a lefty , doubt it’ll be Sibald , but at least we tried to get him . Maybe these kind of players are a couple of seasons away yet . There’s been others linked , just need to wait and see .

Game day at last tomorrow , looking forward to seeing how we gel , how the new guys fit in and of course seeing our new no 9 getting off the mark .

First game of the season, would assume it will be a bit of a mix and match job given we are playing Elgin. Who, no offence to them, we should be able to see off quite easily and give guys who are on the fringe of Bullen's initial first XI a chance to try earn a place. 

4 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

He certainly wouldn't be nowadays - guy was a wage thief.

He was shite for us the first time round too, I was pishing myself when he got another Championship gig.  Quite why we re-signed him will be a mystery to me.  

Just now, Superhursy7 said:
49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:
I never thought I'd see the signing of Tom Walsh described as a coup.  Pass me a beer.

Coup maybe a strong word but looked a pretty decent signing on paper but was a disaster and with his injury record we should have probably expected that.

And it's carried on back with us, the cunt never seems to be fit.

14 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

Are squad numbers getting announced today, ahead of tomorrow's game?

JML  no 11

Ashford no 23 

Bangala no 29

Akinyemi no 9 

Musonda no 4 

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

And it's carried on back with us, the c**t never seems to be fit.

Pretty sure he continued his being made of chocolate routine with us if I remember correctly. Mind you I was also quite excited by the signing of Chalmers 😅

Just now, Hawk89 said:

Pretty sure he continued his being made of chocolate routine with us if I remember correctly. Mind you I was also quite excited by the signing of Chalmers 😅

GIF by funk

Got to laugh at the negativity about signing the boy from arsenal who seems highly rated by them, in so much hes trained and been in and around a matchday squad for their 1st team. Yet the same people cream themselves over non league jouneymen. Wild take tbh. 

Edited by Thereisalight..

This thread isn't currently negative. Can we get that chat in the sea? I'd point you to the SRE Facebook group for negativity.

Those saying it, have been around long enough to know that! Just wait for the first heavy defeat and then you'll see real negativity. 🤦‍♂️

I think the Arsenal chap has already trained with Ayr too, and so will have been seen in the flesh by management, and possibly have been looked at prior to now if he's been on the radar. Granted it's not a Bells division one match situation but it's still better than blindly taking a guy from a big club.