The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

22 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

With Bullen saying he wants two centre backs do you think there is a chance we play a back three this season? 

If we're playing a back three this season then we're basically relying on players not being injured/suspended

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This is an incredibly negative way to look at signing a young talent from a top English team, but Frosty has covered it in his response. Delighted this is finally over the line, was getting nervous after it went quiet start of last week.

Is it though?

Like every unknown signing he could be good or could be shite. I would say it’s realistic. We have absolutely no idea how good he will be. McGinty was at Man Utd, as mentioned above Sammut was at Chelsea and utterly shite at Falkirk. There will be examples the other way too. I’m not saying it’s a bad signing obviously, but we quite clearly need to wait and see. I do have some faith in the guys making our signings though. 

30 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

How negative is this thread, actually quite depressing 

It’s not negative to suggest we don’t know how good someone is going to be, simply based on the club they play in the under 23’s for. 

Starting to accept that Sibbald probably isn’t signing the longer it rolls on. Another player I’d take who I don’t think has committed to anyone is Charlie Telfer. Released from Falkirk but he was one of the player a lot of their fans were disappointed to lose. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Starting to accept that Sibbald probably isn’t signing the longer it rolls on. Another player I’d take who I don’t think has committed to anyone is Charlie Telfer. Released from Falkirk but he was one of the player a lot of their fans were disappointed to lose. 

Think CT just signed for Airdrie 

Taking Arsenal out the equation, 19yo, played 11 U23 games last season and made the bench for the first team once. Everyone will come to their own conclusions.

Edited by bazka6

Usually these under 23 guys have had loans before at say the National League North/South and you can tell the level they’ll be at.

This is a complete unknown though which imo is a good thing.

3 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

Looking forward to seeing Scott Agnew back at Somerset next season in the Raith dugout.

Hmm this makes a lot of sense with your ITK

This thread depresses me at times......

Who would you prefer we sign??? There is a total dearth of players in Scottish football just now.... Practically no CBs are available or un signed.... To sign a lad from arsenal as young is a risk.. But it's ARSENAL.... who are on a total different level to us.... 

There must be something about the lad... Give him a chance 🤔🤔

Who would you prefer Broadfoot??? 😜

9 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Is it though?

Like every unknown signing he could be good or could be shite. I would say it’s realistic. We have absolutely no idea how good he will be. McGinty was at Man Utd, as mentioned above Sammut was at Chelsea and utterly shite at Falkirk. There will be examples the other way too. I’m not saying it’s a bad signing obviously, but we quite clearly need to wait and see. I do have some faith in the guys making our signings though. 

We had Phil Roberts on loan from The Arsenal and he was laughably shite.  People see the club and think a young loanee will be amazing, if they were, they wouldn't be playing for The Caley, Falkirk and Ayr.