The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

45 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Come on Ayr, let's get an imminent coming or we'll be tortured by chat about the fucking Challenge Cup on here.

At least Boris is providing us with a little distraction 🙂

Whats happened to all this optimism of getting new faces in? Weeks ago there was talk of Premier League experienced players signing, last week of a high calibre loanee getting tied up. Either a load of smoke being piped in here or is it just red tape holding it up?

Edited by diege

12 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Still not as cheap as loo roll, unfortunately! 😆

Got my season ticket sorted out this week - first one in what must be almost 20 years!

Well at least you will have paid to get in when we win the league this time 😉

27 minutes ago, diege said:

Whats happened to all this optimism of getting new faces in? Weeks ago there was talk of Premier League experienced players signing, last week of a high calibre loanee getting tied up. Either a load of smoke being piped in here or is it just red tape holding it up?

I'm still clinging onto the hope that we're into the 2nd week of July and Sibbald hasn't signed for anyone yet

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I'm still clinging onto the hope that we're into the 2nd week of July and Sibbald hasn't signed for anyone yet

Feel like we're being fed shite

Sibbald may or may not sign but I think we’ll maybe go elsewhere if he’s dragging his heels. Bullen might be happy to go with what we’ve got for the league cup but he’ll want his settled squad for the league starting.

It’s pretty well known how much clubs are struggling to get players signed and as such I’d say we’ve done well so far to do what we’ve done. Just need to be patient and see what happens before the end of the month.

7 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

after some thought felt this should be the starting line up against Elgin 

lineup.png

Can anyone actually see this being a good enough squad to be midtable this season? I know I'm sounding synical but I was really expecting a bit more. Still time but the hope build up from insiders, to nothing so far happening. I'm at the meh stage

5 minutes ago, diege said:

Can anyone actually see this being a good enough squad to be midtable this season? I know I'm sounding synical but I was really expecting a bit more. Still time but the hope build up from insiders, to nothing so far happening. I'm at the meh stage

The manager said in his interview yesterday on BW tv he is still looking at getting another 3 in 

Edited by Finlay21

Well no, but we haven’t finished signing players.

Did notice today Connor Malley’s left Middlesbrough and is now on trial with Huddersfield’s B team. Technique wise he was the better loan player but Drinan had the work rate where as Malley seemed to go missing or drift through games, not that it was exactly a long spell.

Probably the type of player our midfield needs given the lack of goals but looking forward to seeing more of Smith to get more of an idea of what his best midfield role is. Could see us playing a holding midfielder in away games but maybe more of a midfielder in the No.10 role or 2 up top at home. 

5 minutes ago, diege said:

I think the 11 featured earlier should be enough to get past Elgin and QoS , hopefully accruing zero injuries. There is a bigger picture however , the three or four coming in would need to be starters if we are to dream of a top five finish . I have a feeling way may have to lower our sights and will be in for a really tough season . Hopefully fitness , cohesion and organisation will get us out 5he bottom four .