The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Maxwell comes across terribly in that interview, and it's not helped by the author of the piece getting all snippy with everyone in the comments. 

Refusing a trial just because he's been at Rangers, even though he's in a position where a club will need to hand over cash to bring him in. The wee snippet about him giving an interview without the permission of the Rangers Academy speaks volumes too. 

Sounds like he'll almost certainly resurface in the Championship or League One up here, probably a week or two after the transfer window has closed, and he's had to beg Rangers to let him go to a team that's found themselves in need of an extra body. 

He’ll rock up at Thistle or Queen’s Park.

if he does get a gig down south it’ll be at the likes of AFC Fylde.

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

C’mon - Maxwell at least has some kind of potential/ability. Ruddy was quite clearly going to struggle at any kind of level - I imagine he will even drop out of the juniors. He had absolutely no ability. 

I meant in terms of his perception of his ability. Ruddy clearly thought he was a player despite all the evidence being against him. 
Maxwell clearly thinks he is destined for greater things despite being an average player in a below average team in the Scottish championship, he’s been at 2 clubs and not been a standout at either. I don’t doubt he has the ability to succeed but I’d guess no teams in the top flight in Scotland showed any real interest, he was looking at mid to top six teams in the championship in real terms but is saying he’s too good for this league. He hasn’t proved that at all. 

More worrying signs for the season ahead

So that’s a 1-1 draw against a Dumbarton team with about 7 signed players
A 3-0 victory against Darvel despite being 3 up after 20 mins
A 1-1 draw against an actual American University side who had just stepped off a plane
A 2-0 defeat to “high flying” Falkirk

Send on Elgin on Saturday [emoji106][emoji106]

14 minutes ago, Death in Vegas said:

A 1-1 draw against an actual American University side who had just stepped off a plane

Send on Elgin on Saturday emoji106.pngemoji106.png

Games to give guys game time , at no time did we have the 11 players who will likely start on Saturday on the pitch at the same time , we have had a few terrific pre seasons results followed by poor seasons , team should judged when playing meaningful games 

1 hour ago, Death in Vegas said:

Send on Elgin on Saturday emoji106.pngemoji106.png

Meh, I struggle to get overly bothered about pre season friendly results.

That being said we better not treat the league cup as friendlies. A more than winnable group and a chance of a money making tie next round/

I also want to win the challenge cup 😂