The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I always had the feeling that there was a great idea in essence to raise money, however it was let down by lack of staff capacity. Probably a case of biting off more than they could chew as there simply isn't the level of staffing required to run a subscription service with a steady stream of content. 

I’m sure it was also brought in during covid which was completely the wrong time. The content was also not of a high enough quality to justify charging for it.

I really enjoyed the ‘press conferences’ before the games last season so hoping they make a return this season. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The content wasn’t good enough to charge money for it and having it behind a login meant it couldn’t be shared on social media. I’m not sure who came up with the idea in the first place.

Having it on YouTube will at least let them make some money from it and expand the reach. 

It's a requirement of being in the top flight.  

Didn't hate it since it was always free anyway.  

The biggest issue personally was the video player, between not being able to cast without using a 3rd party app and it randomly breaking mid video or not loading at all it made no sense why they didn't keep YouTube as the host and make the videos private without the link and you can embed that way behind your "paywall".  

Edited by itzdrk

Shows just how little regard the players have for the LC when they are willing to sit out the group stages in order to wait for the best deal. Sibbald maybe comes into that as he’ll have no issue keeping himself fit and he’ll have had enough decent contracts at Livingston to ensure he doesn’t have to jump at the first offer of a salary.

In a way we’ve maybe been right to scour the English market for players that might not have offers from up here. We can get away with not paying as much as Conference teams as we are seen as a better platform for these guys to get bigger moves.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Shows just how little regard the players have for the LC when they are willing to sit out the group stages in order to wait for the best deal. Sibbald maybe comes into that as he’ll have no issue keeping himself fit and he’ll have had enough decent contracts at Livingston to ensure he doesn’t have to jump at the first offer of a salary.

In a way we’ve maybe been right to scour the English market for players that might not have offers from up here. We can get away with not paying as much as Conference teams as we are seen as a better platform for these guys to get bigger moves.

It must be frustrating for the smaller teams in particular within the LC, getting through the group stages can be a proper money spinner for them. Especially this year with a small increase in the prize pot making it a little bit more lucrative. 

40 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ah, but the group games are glorified friendlies*.

Spoiler

*Only when one of them is a derby game that Kilmarnock lose.

Edited by Richey Edwards

32 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

It must be frustrating for the smaller teams in particular within the LC, getting through the group stages can be a proper money spinner for them. Especially this year with a small increase in the prize pot making it a little bit more lucrative. 

To be fair though the article picks out Peterhead, who are complaining about Glasgow based players not wanting to sign for them and picking Lowland league teams instead, which is hardly ground breaking as the £100 a week is probably gone in petrol getting to Peterhead for a game -surely looking at Dundee and Perth north for players makes more sense. 

And then Hamilton who havent signed anyone as they have only just got a manager in place. Just looking at Championship level clubs, most have kept the core of last seasons squads so are not looking at wholesale changes. There are always players who would rather be seen to be playing in league 1 or 2 rather than non-league, rather than chasing an extra £10 or £20 a week.

Looking at our team which played against Albion Rovers in our 1st league cup game last season I’d say we’re certainly in a stronger position now than back then. Whether or not it’s stronger than the team that finished last season remains to be seen. Musonda is certainly an upgrade on Baird/Muirhead/Fjortoft however the rest of the signings are unknowns and we haven’t replaced McInroy yet. 

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

interesting read and it looks like we're ahead of the curve by quite some way !!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62030282

Yeah I have had a look through alot of threads on here... Not posting or trolling like the Killie lot obviously as I am not a p***k lol

But yeah teams are really struggling to put a squad together due to ambitious junior teams etc.   

Darvel for instance who are paying McShane 500 nicker a week..... They can't compete with that..... 

P. S I HATE DARVEL LOL

The programme is making a return this year. 

@Finlay21 I see they are offering a postal service, do you know if there is any plans to offer a subscription for an on-line version that could be emailed out or downloaded to a device?

I kept programs for years and never looked at them until I binned most of them. There was always the issue of some weeks having no seller at the north terrace turnstiles and me not being arsed enough to walk to the shop.  

5 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Looking at our team which played against Albion Rovers in our 1st league cup game last season I’d say we’re certainly a shit load better without shitey Hopkin in charge.

Ftfy.

39 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The programme is making a return this year. 

@Finlay21 I see they are offering a postal service, do you know if there is any plans to offer a subscription for an on-line version that could be emailed out or downloaded to a device?

I kept programs for years and never looked at them until I binned most of them. There was always the issue of some weeks having no seller at the north terrace turnstiles and me not being arsed enough to walk to the shop.  

I will ask the question tomorrow regarding online version , I know we provide a postal subscription and post out the day they come into shop 

On 03/07/2022 at 17:57, Ayrmai said:

Only just reached 3 weeks and still has photo on twitter, wouldn’t read to much into it. 

0FCBE4A1-7326-4180-BBFF-3F46619F3C46.jpeg

Don’t think he is far away from arriving now , he has passed the English exam to get his work permit