The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
5 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Fantastic knowledge of politics.

Blue or red both tories

Nonsensical statement. Much as it pains me to admit a Killie fan can be right about anything, RugbyPark is correct in this instance.  Cathy Jamieson is well to the left of wee Nick. Almost Corbynista, but not quite. Having said that, referring to itzdrk as a “thick twat” and calling the SNP a cult, were both a tad unnecessary. 

It's hard to know for sure what Ayr's wage bill is since the club is small enough that it doesn't have to file full accounts, but I think we can assume somewhere between 800k and 1m per annum. I happen to know that Lincoln City - a mid table League 1 side - has a wage bill of 3.5m and they have home gates of around 10k.

Salary bill was £860k in both 19-20 and 20-21.

Nonsensical statement. Much as it pains me to admit a Killie fan can be right about anything, RugbyPark is correct in this instance.  Cathy Jamieson is well to the left of wee Nick. Almost Corbynista, but not quite. Having said that, referring to itzdrk as a “thick twat” and calling the SNP a cult, were both a tad unnecessary. 
Not necessarily talking about Cathy as an individual but the state of UK/Scottish politics.

35 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Salary bill was £860k in both 19-20 and 20-21.

Thanks - so my guess was at least accurate. But if I may ask where did you get the figure?

It would be interesting to compare the salary costs in the Championship. I know that Partick has a much higher bill that we do (since they still publish full accounts).

6 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

More money for players, no matter which way you put it. You’re people seem to think having another few hundred thousand quid to spend wouldn’t matter. By the way, with the changes to the ground, increased seasons, walk ups and away fans there will be nothing like 14k empty seats. I’m quite confident a far bigger percentage of our capacity will be used compared to yours.

You should be bust.

You didn’t pay your debt and had the bank write it off.

Tax payers money was owed and written off.

No better than Sevco.

4 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

him about Ayr signing Musonda and that he's a Zambia international.

Then I started thinking, what players have played internationally and appeared for Ayr.

I could only think of a few. (Players who have made an international appearance before joining Ayr)

Andy McLaren, Junior Mendes, Kevin Kyle, Andy Walker, Craig Beattie, Robbie Winters, Luc Sonner.

Anyone know of any others? ☺️

Not too forget George Burley and I think his last signing , Arthur Albiston . 

39 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

You should be bust.

You didn’t pay your debt and had the bank write it off.

Tax payers money was owed and written off.

No better than Sevco.

I believe Ayr took £500.000 of taxpayers money during the pandemic. Somehow I do not think that will be repayed.  Killie took a loan at the same time which will be paid back. 

12 minutes ago, the west curve said:

I believe Ayr took £500.000 of taxpayers money during the pandemic. Somehow I do not think that will be repayed.  Killie took a loan at the same time which will be paid back. 

Correction. Ayr received a grant, as did every other Championship club. 

15 minutes ago, the west curve said:

We received a grant offered by the government.

Kilmarnock told the tax payer to go f**k themselves

now f**k off you tragic w**k

8 hours ago, North British said:

For Elgin we should be looking at two up top surely ? At the moment that would be Dipo and either Bryden or Ashford . Lawson and O’Conner maybe a half each . Anyway not much time left now , looking forward to it.

I get the feeling he fancies a 433 so front 3 will probably be Ashford Dipo and O'connor for first game, hopefully seeing Lawson get half an hour or something.   Like you, I'm looking forward to it, and the season in general. 

5 hours ago, the west curve said:

Have you still got your half and half Ayr and Rangers scarf? Only one club in Ayrshire has any time for the bigots and those scarves proved that. On a side note Killie have now passed 4500 season ticket sales.

Aw man this is actually embarrassing, cringed when I read it. I like a bit of back and forth, but I feel really bad for ye

Get all this political shite in the sea.

Bad enough that the sad dregs of killie come on the Ayr United forum to crowd w**k but ffs, don't talk politics with them! 🙄

5 hours ago, North British said:

Not too forget George Burley and I think his last signing , Arthur Albiston . 

Robert Connor? Sure he was manager for a short time in my youth 😅

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

We received a grant offered by the government.

Kilmarnock told the tax payer to go f**k themselves

now f**k off you tragic w**k

The grant was taxpayers money. Killie did a deal with a private company and payed back what they were asked. WFAANW. 

42 minutes ago, the west curve said:

The grant was taxpayers money. Killie did a deal with a private company and payed back what they were asked. WFAANW. 

If you want someone will explain the difference between a grant and a loan, but it's maybe better if your teacher does that after the summer holidays.

Did Kilmarnock furlough any staff? If so, they received taxpayers money as well.

3 hours ago, the west curve said:

The bank of Scotland was a public company at the time Numbnuts. 

You also didn't have to take a government payment, you needed to

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/kilmarnock-eye-up-1m-loan-23351370

Tick Tock. 

Thanks - so my guess was at least accurate. But if I may ask where did you get the figure?
It would be interesting to compare the salary costs in the Championship. I know that Partick has a much higher bill that we do (since they still publish full accounts).
It's published in the accounts. That's the total cost including wages, NI etc.

7 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:
15 hours ago, rgreig said:

It's published in the accounts. That's the total cost including wages, NI etc.

The published set (on companies house) only has a balance sheet.