The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Was talking to one of the boys at my work (Bluenose from Kilbirnie) about international players. I was telling him about Ayr signing Musonda and that he's a Zambia international.

Then I started thinking, what players have played internationally and appeared for Ayr.

I could only think of a few. (Players who have made an international appearance before joining Ayr)

Andy McLaren, Junior Mendes, Kevin Kyle, Andy Walker, Craig Beattie, Robbie Winters, Luc Sonner.

Anyone know of any others? ☺️

18 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Was talking to one of the boys at my work (Bluenose from Kilbirnie) about international players. I was telling him about Ayr signing Musonda and that he's a Zambia international.

Then I started thinking, what players have played internationally and appeared for Ayr.

I could only think of a few. (Players who have made an international appearance before joining Ayr)

Andy McLaren, Junior Mendes, Kevin Kyle, Andy Walker, Craig Beattie, Robbie Winters, Luc Sonner.

Anyone know of any others? ☺️

Jens Martin Knudsen, Kristjan Finnbogason and Thomas Gill.

2 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

If you had an ounce of knowledge, you would know Cathy Jamieson has a record well to the left of Sturgeon. But you’re just a thick twat, who repeats the cult’s mantras emoji106.png

Lmao 

6 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

If you had an ounce of knowledge, you would know Cathy Jamieson has a record well to the left of Sturgeon. But you’re just a thick twat, who repeats the cult’s mantras emoji106.png

But you’re just a thick twat,

5 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

They only reason their season ticket sales are up is the scramble from the hello hello boys to see their big team back at rugby park.

Have you still got your half and half Ayr and Rangers scarf? Only one club in Ayrshire has any time for the bigots and those scarves proved that. On a side note Killie have now passed 4500 season ticket sales.

1 hour ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Don't have a dog in this fight but Killie fans going on about season tickets is one of the most tragic things I have ever seen

Especially as they brag about the great squad its got them. Likely they'll start the season with, comfortably, the worst midfield in the division in McInroy, Power and Alston.

8 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Have you still got your half and half Ayr and Rangers scarf? Only one club in Ayrshire has any time for the bigots and those scarves proved that. On a side note Killie have now passed 4500 season ticket sales.

Have you forgotten that when every other club in the Premier voted to punt Sevco, your lot abstained?

12 minutes ago, the west curve said:

2 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Have you forgotten that when every other club in the Premier voted to punt Sevco, your lot abstained?

Add to that bending over backwards to accommodate the old co’s last ever title party.

Easy to see why they feel the need to deflect by bringing up some guy in Ayr punting half and half scarves.

5 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Aye and their club only abstained as only 36% of 2,500 season ticket holders they canvassed wanted them gone 😂

A piece of fabric or a vast majority vote to keep them I think we all know which is worse

Edited by Marc1910

32 minutes ago, the west curve said:

How did the toilet water taste in Seville m8?

4 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Thought there would be a bit more debate on this. I can understand the potential they see in the dabs, as the current level of support, given the catchment area, is pathetic and open to expansion. Arbroath, not so much.

Yes, it makes me think their model doesn't try to factor in the potential for growth in utilisation (i.e. fanbase). I assume they make some broad assumptions based on the capacity of the stadium.

It's hard to know for sure what Ayr's wage bill is since the club is small enough that it doesn't have to file full accounts, but I think we can assume somewhere between 800k and 1m per annum. I happen to know that Lincoln City - a mid table League 1 side - has a wage bill of 3.5m and they have home gates of around 10k. We have seen Ayr bring in players from lower league sides recently but to be able to start looking even at League 1 level players we would need to find ways to reduce that delta. Note that the population of Lincoln is only around 100k.