The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Apologies if this has already been discussed as I’ve not read the thread however how many more players do you think we’ll bring in? I’d say we’re 2 possibly 3 players short. We need to bring in a centre half and an attacking midfielder as a must however another striker would also be ideal but not essential imo.

If everyone is fit we’re probably looking at something like this:

McAdams

Houston

Musonda

McGinty

Reading

Murdoch

Dempsey

Bangala

O’Connor

Akinyemi

Mitchell-Lawson 

Subs:

Albinson

Ecrepont

McAllister

Hewitt

Smith

McKenzie

Ashford 

Bryden

Moffat

Edited by ayrunitedfw

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed as I’ve not read the thread however how many more players do you think we’ll bring in? I’d say we’re 2 possibly 3 players short. We need to bring in a centre half and an attacking midfielder as a must however another striker would also be ideal but not essential imo.

If everyone is for we’re probably looking at something like this:

McAdams

Houston

Musonda

McGinty

Reading

Murdoch

Dempsey

Bangala

O’Connor

Akinyemi

Mitchell-Lawson 

Subs:

Albinson

Ecrepont

McAllister

Hewitt

Smith

McKenzie

Ashford 

Bryden

Moffat

I would reckon we will have the squad ready for first league game , so far we have no loan players and usually have at least a couple , I would say potentially 2 signings and 2 loanees 

If everyone is for we’re probably looking at something like this:
McAdams

Houston
Musonda
McGinty
Reading

Murdoch
Dempsey
Bangala

O’Connor
Akinyemi
Mitchell-Lawson 

Subs:

Albinson
Ecrepont
McAllister
Hewitt
Smith
McKenzie
Ashford 
Bryden
Moffat

I think between 2-3 with one more permanent signing and maybe a couple of loans. Maybe more depending on what happens in the League Cup. I agree with the areas you’ve highlighted as well. We don’t really have a whole lot going forward by way of goals and we’re pretty much relying on Dipo coming good and Ashford improving in that department from last season. I don’t think O’Connor will score more than a handful (if that) and the other winger seems quite raw so we can’t really be relying on that either.

From what I’ve heard, a defender won’t be far away and that should pretty much complete our defence. Hopefully we can add a midfielder that offers a bit more going forward compared to Murdoch and Dempsey as I think we’re lacking in that area.

4 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

See if you want decent players, lads, get behind your team and finance them. Killie at over 4000 season tickets and rising. If you sold half of that your manager might have some money to spend. Just a pity the town is full of Tories who prefer the rugger.

Bit rich to pull the Tory card here

0_CATSP310518KKillieDirector-01JPG.thumb.jpg.e62827f1e9608d7024b3de8c11d31711.jpg

We need another centre half, Bangala can play there as a stopgap but we really need 3. I am concerned that Bangala might not get the paperwork to play here. With my vague understanding of the policy I am not sure how he would qualify. I am assuming the club have more understanding than I have though. 

I'd like either Sibbald or Crawford in as well and then see who drops in our lap come the end of the window. 

15 minutes ago, Death in Vegas said:

A don’t see how bangala gets a visa ether. A thought it was all to do with number of caps price of transfer fee etc

I would have thought that would have been part of the due diligence before they got him to sign a 2 year contract , it’s not as if he is someone we are looking at , he has signed the paperwork 

13 hours ago, rgreig said:

This is quite interesting. I was initially rather surprised that either Arbroath or Ayr would be considered a good investment opportunity because I always thought the relatively low ceiling on gate receipts, fans base etc would be a limiting factor. But reading some of the text, the report authors believe that increases in gate receipts (what they call utilisation) represent a major opportunity. They don't really say why though.

What would represent a realistic crowd target for us? Right now 3000 home fans every week would I am sure be considered fantastic by the board. There is an interesting book called The Roar of the Crowd which contains lots of stats about football attendances in Scotland over the years and that does show that Ayr did not historically have lower gates than similar provincial clubs like our county rivals.

Maybe I am wrong but I don't think that will change rapidly; we are still suffering from the effects of what Bob Crampsie many years ago described as "Ayr on a shoe string".

Came on after reading this in the bbc gossip page this morning - really intriguing. Does anyone have a link to the source data? Or know what the basis of the calculation is?

42 minutes ago, Death in Vegas said:

A don’t see how bangala gets a visa ether. A thought it was all to do with number of caps price of transfer fee etc

The exception panel was made permanent (after brexit)last year which can allow players in that don’t meet the points criteria so fingers crossed it’s just a backlog of applications. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59555258

Edited by Ayrmai

Still need a CH, attacking mid, striker option and possibly another wide back up, more goals in general, that said we look far more solid and balanced than the no midfield Hopkin experiment of last year.