The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

To be fair I don't think they were even at Livi at the same time though, so likely didn't work together. 

Your spot on actually. No time spent together at Livi. I forget that he had a spell at ‘Well before going to Partick.

If he’s knocked us back then it’ll be because of the ridiculous abuse the guy got with us. If we don’t sign either him or Sibbald then we’ll likely end up with another gamble from down South when in reality we could do with one or two guys with some experience or track record of playing in this league.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Your spot on actually. No time spent together at Livi. I forget that he had a spell at ‘Well before going to Partick.

If he’s knocked us back then it’ll be because of the ridiculous abuse the guy got with us. If we don’t sign either him or Sibbald then we’ll likely end up with another gamble from down South when in reality we could do with one or two guys with some experience or track record of playing in this league.

If Robbie does not come to Ayr I don’t think it will be through his choice 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah Crawford spent time out on loan at Motherwell as well which was a weird one, before he signed. So he left technically a year before his contract ran out. He was always a decent player but never a real starter for us at this level. A fit Sibbald is comfortably the better player but I think I'd mentioned before about him having asthma, while having COVID twice and apparently Long COVID now - hopefully he's managed to beat it all and get back to his best as he's easily a mid table Premiership player when fit. 

Yeah Crawford spent time out on loan at Motherwell as well which was a weird one, before he signed. So he left technically a year before his contract ran out. He was always a decent player but never a real starter for us at this level. A fit Sibbald is comfortably the better player but I think I'd mentioned before about him having asthma, while having COVID twice and apparently Long COVID now - hopefully he's managed to beat it all and get back to his best as he's easily a mid table Premiership player when fit. 

Aye I read that on the Livi thread re his COVID struggle. It might put teams off taking him especially if they’re paying him close to a grand a week.

7 hours ago, southsiderayr said:

This is quite interesting. I was initially rather surprised that either Arbroath or Ayr would be considered a good investment opportunity because I always thought the relatively low ceiling on gate receipts, fans base etc would be a limiting factor. But reading some of the text, the report authors believe that increases in gate receipts (what they call utilisation) represent a major opportunity. They don't really say why though.

What would represent a realistic crowd target for us? Right now 3000 home fans every week would I am sure be considered fantastic by the board. There is an interesting book called The Roar of the Crowd which contains lots of stats about football attendances in Scotland over the years and that does show that Ayr did not historically have lower gates than similar provincial clubs like our county rivals.

Maybe I am wrong but I don't think that will change rapidly; we are still suffering from the effects of what Bob Crampsie many years ago described as "Ayr on a shoe string".

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye because that’s the only way we’re funding signings. Utter mouth breather.

2 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

See if you want decent players, lads, get behind your team and finance them. Killie at over 4000 season tickets and rising. If you sold half of that your manager might have some money to spend. Just a pity the town is full of Tories who prefer the rugger.

It’s over 4500 now. 

3 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

See if you want decent players, lads, get behind your team and finance them. Killie at over 4000 season tickets and rising. If you sold half of that your manager might have some money to spend. Just a pity the town is full of Tories who prefer the rugger.

Congratulations. Only 14,000 empty seats.

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Don’t think anyone here cares two fvcks how many season tickets you have sold , crowd wankers stick to your own thread 

Well said there constant posting on here is tiresome...... 

And a little sad if you ask me... 

Concentrate on your own team... 

We are just trying to be positive on here... Something that there isn't alot of these days.... 

Let's be enthusiastic and positive about OUR team... Get behind them and hopefully positivity will rub off and encourage players to have a great season.... 

Moan the AYR.... 

Edited by OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton