The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I'd rather Sibbald over Crawford tbh.

I'm still not sure what Robbie's best position is, I just know it's not on the wing of the midfield.

Best performances were always through the middle, just didn't suit him to sit wide left.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I'd rather Sibbald over Crawford tbh.

I'm still not sure what Robbie's best position is, I just know it's not on the wing of the midfield.

After signing JML i'd say he's very similar to Sibbald which would make me surprised if we signed Sibbald too.

Think the only signings we'll be making will be another striker, CM and CB. 

RB position does worry me a bit, Houston really needs to step up cause on the whole he was rotten last year and at fault quite a few times for goals coming from a cross not being closed down quick enough. 

If we progress from the league cup group stage we'll obviously get more money so might allow us to make another loan signing in August?

After signing JML i'd say he's very similar to Sibbald which would make me surprised if we signed Sibbald too.
Think the only signings we'll be making will be another striker, CM and CB. 
RB position does worry me a bit, Houston really needs to step up cause on the whole he was rotten last year and at fault quite a few times for goals coming from a cross not being closed down quick enough. 
If we progress from the league cup group stage we'll obviously get more money so might allow us to make another loan signing in August?

Sibbald is closer to being a centre mid than a winger, no? He can get goals and assists but he’s never been blessed with pace and does a lot of good things when playing deep.

RB was a definite concern but Musonda seems to be well capable of playing there and Bangala is another option although we have no idea if he’ll be any good. I’d be really interested to see what happens with McAllister if he’s part of the plans or whether we’ll let him go.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sibbald is closer to being a centre mid than a winger, no? He can get goals and assists but he’s never been blessed with pace and does a lot of good things when playing deep.

RB was a definite concern but Musonda seems to be well capable of playing there and Bangala is another option although we have no idea if he’ll be any good. I’d be really interested to see what happens with McAllister if he’s part of the plans or whether we’ll let him go.

The one other hope I'm clinging to is that the likes of Houston and Reading etc have gone from pretty much  0 first team experience to playing regularly for 2 years under what, 5 or 6 different managers?  That's got to be absolutely brutal for a 19/20 year old to develop.  Maybe a bit of stability might help them kick on.  

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I know Sibbald played on the wing at times for Livi last season on a 3 man attack but not sure how successful he was there. Just remember Sibbald from his Falkirk days always being an advanced midfielder but even better if he can do the holding side too. 

If we're relying on Musonda possibly at RB we definitely need another CB that can step right in cause Jack Baird still gives me the fear and i'd be surprised if McAllister is anything more than a squad player on the bench most of the time. 

10 minutes ago, Hursty said:

The one other hope I'm clinging to is that the likes of Houston and Reading etc have gone from pretty much  0 first team experience to playing regularly for 2 years under what, 5 or 6 different managers?  That's got to be absolutely brutal for a 19/20 year old to develop.  Maybe a bit of stability might help them kick on.  

Yeah agree with you on this one, i mean Houston did show signs of promise under Kerr before Covid and then there was obviously the lockdown and he came back to get an injury early on which set him back a while and he's just never really recovered from that to be perfectly honest.

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Well, the wee man loved it.  My old man who is notoriously hard to please went as far as "Big Dipo will definitely do a job" which believe it or not is a top top level of praise.  

Safe to say your old man is bang on , Dipo only got 45 mins but looked the part . Bumped his marker off more than once . The irony is he looks like perfect foil for big Tomi . Can’t have everything I suppose . Murdy has a great game as did our centre back pairing of Frankie and big Sean .  The rest seemed a bit young and light weight . Could do with some experienced lumps in the side . But as somebody else said it was just a bounce game and we still have three or four to come into the side . 

13 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Pre season games mean nowt .its a fitness session. Results don't matter .we pumped a motherwell side 5 nil one summer then we were horrendous for the rest of season  .

I remember that pre-season well. Did we not draw with Bolton as well? A great pre-season and a rancid season.

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Don't know if any truth in this, however I'm hearing that Robbie is close to signing for Morton, if not already a done deal ??

Would be happy with Crawford but would give us 6 centre midfielders so I'd expect a loan out at some point.

37 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I know Sibbald played on the wing at times for Livi last season on a 3 man attack but not sure how successful he was there. Just remember Sibbald from his Falkirk days always being an advanced midfielder but even better if he can do the holding side too. 

If we're relying on Musonda possibly at RB we definitely need another CB that can step right in cause Jack Baird still gives me the fear and i'd be surprised if McAllister is anything more than a squad player on the bench most of the time. 

Yeah agree with you on this one, i mean Houston did show signs of promise under Kerr before Covid and then there was obviously the lockdown and he came back to get an injury early on which set him back a while and he's just never really recovered from that to be perfectly honest.

No need to get the fear over Baird as he signed for Morton about 3 weeks ago