The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

55 minutes ago, Marc1910 said:

A friend at the game today has quoted it as stop start with neither club unable to get into a rhythm however he is impressed with a couple of their defenders particularly the left back.

Hopefully rain clears up and we can knock a couple past them to continue momentum.

Sounds like a stupid goal conceded then a couple of brilliant saves from McAdams to keep it level.  Not the best finish haha 

1 hour ago, Marc1910 said:

No, the Darvel game was a couple of nights ago. We are playing University of Washington today so no idea who the left back is.

Yeah I deleted it, took me a minute to realise that Darvel couldn’t possibly be playing on a Thursday afternoon. I’d just seen loads of Ayr Darvel stuff on the timeline this morning 

50 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Can’t even beat a Uni team #BullenOut

Not just any uni team. Apparently the best university team in USA at the moment. So not exactly a bunch of numpties.

3 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Surprised no ones offended because its Honest Men and no mention of any other gender or am i just being pedantic 

The naming convention is no issue imo, although it probably would be if the followed a similar path for Celtic....that one could send mixed signals. Will leave it to people I'm guessing have lived experience to determine whatever they want to be called. 

13 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Surprised no ones offended because its Honest Men and no mention of any other gender or am i just being pedantic 

Why would anyone be offended? 

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Why would anyone be offended? 

Because the term Honest Men is not gender neutral. Neither is the term Bonnie Lasses.

This is non-inclusive and people get really offended about that sort of thing

Fuckin hell. Some folk form an LGBTQ+ Ayr supporters group, which should be a positive story, and some who will probably have nothing to with the group decide to go  on about the name.

Give me strength.

30 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I’m sorry but McAllister, Mackenzie, Bryden and Hewitt shouldn’t be anywhere near our starting line up. Come the start of the season it will look very different.

That's incredibly harsh on Bryden and Hewitt, however I agree on McAllister and McKenzie, other than McKenzie having a good attitude I've saw nothing in either to suggest they're our level if I'm honest McAllister looks utterly dreadful. I think both youngsters have great promise especially Bryden, Hewitt by the way is some unit. 

37 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Because everyone is offended by everything these days 

32 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Because the term Honest Men is not gender neutral. Neither is the term Bonnie Lasses.

This is non-inclusive and people get really offended about that sort of thing

Only seeing two people close to offence here. 

27 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Fuckin hell. Some folk form an LGBTQ+ Ayr supporters group, which should be a positive story, and some who will probably have nothing to with the group decide to go  on about the name.

Give me strength.

Ask a question, get an answer.

Good luck to them, I hope they go from strength to strength.

I would say we're not a big enough club to cause widespread outrage because of a name, but then again there were tonnes of folk raging about Calvin Ayre's painted tops