The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

32 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I think the big difference is that we're grooming a pretty young squad with a family type feel and the longer contracts give them security with the opportunity to grow together, I'm pretty sure the Falkirk situation was more of a mercenary type project and fitting square pegs to round holes.

I was at the Golf day and I'm a bit of a people watcher and what came through to me is how there were no cliques and the players were all very relaxed with each other and having a laugh etc, I also think the likes of McGinty will act as a Captain both on and off the pitch and he seems a genuinely really good guy.

I've said it before but this is without doubt the most confident I've felt as an Ayr fan possibly EVER.

That's a great thing to hear, I think a group of happy motivated individuals free to express themselves is a recipe for success, some skill a given for a professional.

31 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Definitely correct in his description, not concrete yet but had the signs of a very interested player , would think it could be next week before more is heard , good thing is I think there are more irons in the fire ready to be pulled out if needed 

@Finlay21So we’re not done yet? How many more should we expect?

24 minutes ago, Ayrmai said:

Anyone know how accurate these are? I suspect with a pinch of salt, although no doubt most of the info must be out there agents, scouts and clubs must get info from somewhere. https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/swindon-town/ 

If it’s right….. we were paying Cammy Salkeld $530 per week and Tomi $380 whilst Charlie Albinson has moved hundreds of miles from home for a little over £10k a year.

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-championship/ayr-united/

can’t see it being that accurate.

29 minutes ago, Ayrmai said:

Anyone know how accurate these are? I suspect with a pinch of salt, although no doubt most of the info must be out there agents, scouts and clubs must get info from somewhere. https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/swindon-town/ 

From a previous thread I read elsewhere it seemed that some of the salaries were exact meaning good inside information. Others were completely wrong though so difficult to tell exactly 

Going back to the Cove game on the 20th, if anyone is interested you can get the Venga bus from Buchanan St to Aberdeen for £9.10 if booked just now and same for way back the following day if making a night of it (which we are).

If game ends up on the Friday, it just means we'll have a night away in Aberdeen on the shwalley, so all good 🙂

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

There are no league games in the Championship on that date.

Aye I know but there are after New Year. I originally thought December 10th was reserved for the Scottish Cup but I can't find the dates of that competition.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Is there a way to opt out of this tournament? 

One of the premiership sides has clearly found a way with 11 B teams this year. Feeling very meh about it as per, would take a trip on the ferry though and be done there and then. 

The Challenge Cup, or whatever the f**k it's called these days, is a complete waste of time in its present form. I wasn't bothered in the slightest that we got ourselves thrown out last season.

The potential is there for a very good cup competition involving the Championship, League 1 and League 2 teams. This is not it. I'd rather involve teams from the leagues further down the pyramid than invite "cross-border" teams. Get the colt team launched into the ocean as well.

Edited by Richey Edwards

6 hours ago, WATTOO said:

No idea if anyone has any ideas on this, however we're looking to book our travel for Cove away on August 20th but are a bit concerned that the BBC could end up sticking us on the TV on the Friday night !!

Does anyone know if there's been matches released or whether or not this match being chosen is likely ??

Glad to see some Welsh and NI teams back in, Shame the colts are back in.