The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Sortmeout said:

Beating Darvel in a friendly and crowing about it.

What a small club.

Running to the Ayr United thread to comment on it

What a moron

13 minutes ago, diege said:

Running to the Ayr United thread to comment on it

What a moron

You do realise I would have to be reading about it in the Ayr thread, unless of course there has been more crowing elsewhere. Moron indeed.

As for JG, would agree he is a dick.

I’d say that recent signing will complete our forward line until after the League Cup at least. Might add another striker if Bullen feels we need one but we’ve got Akinyemi, Ashford, Mitchel-Lawson and then Bryden and Guthrie coming through.

Feel like another defender and a midfielder who can contribute going forward is all we need for us to have a pretty well balanced squad. I think the defender could be done by the end of this week and then we all know how long we’ve been chasing Sibbald. Who knows where we’re at with that but I’d imagine he’s received some decent offers since Bullen publicly spoke about him.

Think the club will soon get fed up of waiting on Sibbald tbh.

Quite possibly. Think it was heading that way with Adeloye and even though Bullen said he knew he’d have to be patient, there’s only so long you can keep other targets waiting in the wings if your first choice doesn’t work out. Suspect we’ll maybe get Crawford and a defender and that’ll be us.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

You do realise I would have to be reading about it in the Ayr thread, unless of course there has been more crowing elsewhere. Moron indeed.

As for JG, would agree he is a dick.

I can imagine you have notifications and bookmarks set for all sort of stuff you shouldnt be looking at

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d say that recent signing will complete our forward line until after the League Cup at least. Might add another striker if Bullen feels we need one but we’ve got Akinyemi, Ashford, Mitchel-Lawson and then Bryden and Guthrie coming through.

Feel like another defender and a midfielder who can contribute going forward is all we need for us to have a pretty well balanced squad. I think the defender could be done by the end of this week and then we all know how long we’ve been chasing Sibbald. Who knows where we’re at with that but I’d imagine he’s received some decent offers since Bullen publicly spoke about him.

You ITK about a defender?

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I would say a defender who can play at least 2 positions in back 4 and a midfielder who can play box to box 

Flexibility is obviously good, but surely we want a master at one craft rather than a wizard of many

Another box to box midfielder? We have Murdoch, Dempsey and Bangala for the dirty work.

We're missing the creative attacking midfielder, really need to get either/or/both Sibbald & Crawfold in for behind the striker IMO

Don't really need a other utility player at the back IMO got Redding and Ecrepont at LB, Houston, Hewitt, Bangala and Musonda can cover RB would be happy with a center half that just plays there maybe a leftie for if McGinty becomes ha ha McGinty again.

Think there’s a difference between a utility player and a player who has a recognised position but can comfortably play in other positions. Musonda is a recognised centre back but just so happens to have done well at full back for Raith. No doubt he’ll end up playing there at times this season. If we can get another centre back in who can play full back then I’m all for it. Leaves us with plenty of options and means we don’t have to worry about Houston going through a rough patch or Bangala turning out to be a dud.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Don't really need a other utility player at the back IMO got Redding and Ecrepont at LB, Houston, Hewitt, Bangala and Musonda can cover RB would be happy with a center half that just plays there maybe a leftie for if McGinty becomes ha ha McGinty again.

If we sign a player who can only play one position he is going to limit his game time , think it’s obvious the pairing is Musonda and McGinty in middle of defence and if McGinty can keep up his form from end of last season any new guy will find it hard to get a game