The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

Let's all trust Bully, every duffer looking to finish up soon are getting mentioned on here.

Griffiths would screw the nut for a while then he fks up and we're stuck with him and his wages.

Plenty contacts elsewhere, would rather take someone who is young and looking for a fresh start to kick on.

Yes 100%.

I'm pretty sure this is just a few posters plucking names out of the air and that Bully would have no intention of signing any of these guys, although I DO believe we're after a bit of experience at the back such as a Scott Cuthbert type.

33 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Personally I wouldn't touch Griffiths with a barge pole, he's been finished for about 3 years now and his off field antics are the LAST thing that the club needs as we're trying to create a feelgood atmosphere both within the club and the local community.

Even if he was back to something like the player that he was (highly unlikely) I'm afraid that his baggage and associated media circus would have an adverse effect on the entire club from the dressing room right across the local community and fan base and that's just not worth it.

Fortunately, I'm pretty sure that our Management team will feel the exact same way and he'll be absolutely nowhere near this club.

Fair comments and you may well be right about baggage...but maybe he's had a rude awakening by no one coming in for him and that has got him pulling his finger out... Time will tell I suppose

Not in the know so was just wondering why David Balanga didn't feature in the Stranraer match, especially as we fielded 2 different elevens from one half to the next. Is he on holiday during pre-season or is he injured?

Not in the know so was just wondering why David Balanga didn't feature in the Stranraer match, especially as we fielded 2 different elevens from one half to the next. Is he on holiday during pre-season or is he injured?

Waiting for his visa to come through I think. Hopefully it’s sorted soon.

1 hour ago, Jazzar said:

Thanks for that - noticed he didn't feature against Dumbarton either

If we're relying on the efficiency of the UK Gov immigration policy, then we may have him just in time for January !!

If Griffiths came in and scored half a dozen in his first 3-4 games then his baggage would soon be forgotten. 

I think he will end up at a Premier league team, St Johnston, St Mirren, maybe even Livingston. 

Personally I would sign him, The expectation would firmly be on him and take the pressure off of the other players to perform. Hurst's best season was playing alongside Andy Walker, Walkers experience and reputation meant there was an expectation of him to be at a certain level . It might help McKenzie and Bryden to have him at the club. 

I would say however, there is zero chance he'll end up at Ayr. Financially, football wise, personality wise, no chance.  

If Griffiths came in and scored half a dozen in his first 3-4 games then his baggage would soon be forgotten. 
I think he will end up at a Premier league team, St Johnston, St Mirren, maybe even Livingston. 
Personally I would sign him, The expectation would firmly be on him and take the pressure off of the other players to perform. Hurst's best season was playing alongside Andy Walker, Walkers experience and reputation meant there was an expectation of him to be at a certain level . It might help McKenzie and Bryden to have him at the club. 
I would say however, there is zero chance he'll end up at Ayr. Financially, football wise, personality wise, no chance.  

All of this. Mathie is very concerned about the image of the club and won’t risk that by signing someone as polarising at Griffiths. I also don’t think Bullen is too keen on players with loads of baggage. I hope the guy gets himself better both physically and mentally but I think he’s done in full time football.

9 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Unpopular opinion: Would much rather have Broadfoot than Griffiths.

But would be a lot happier with none of them

I would equally not have either..... Broadfoot is a a total bell end and made alot of bad bad mistakes this season at Caley so it a definate NO... 

Didn't realise the lottery had been running for 28 years. that's a huge customer base to build up in that time. Realise they have lost a lot of customers due to the lockdown but I can't see a lot of them, particularly the older ones, continuing it online.

anyone know if the members card with all the discounts will be kept going?