The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

According to the vision night 9 have went with 6 to come in so we are going to only see 2 more coming in surely some QUALITY at the back and another forward anything else and I’m concerned.

I don’t think Bullen was counting Dempsey in that and Adeloye hadn’t left meaning we now need to sign a forward to take his spot. So going by that it’ll be about four new signings. Three in for the Elgin game and then maybe a loan forward.

1 minute ago, Lochwood said:

According to the vision night 9 have went with 6 to come in so we are going to only see 2 more coming in surely some QUALITY at the back and another forward anything else and I’m concerned.

I'm not that concerned just now, some of the 9 that have went were utter guff, signings we've brought in so far I think are good. Need to have some more in place for the Elgin game. Reckon we'll get some good quality players in.

What's the official number of outs vs ins?

The squad was meant to be smaller but I reckon we've lost a couple we were trying to keep (Adeloye & McInroy) who we are yet to replace. I reckon we will make 4 signings (2 permanent and 2 loans) for the league starting. It could be one more if we progress through the league cup group phase.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

An experienced centre back - No idea who
A centre midfielder - Crawford
An attacking midfielder - Sibbald?
A forward. Maybe a striker who can also play wide in front three? - Prince Henry

I don’t think this is too far away . Despite all the kicking and screaming Broadfoot makes sense as back four cover . Same rules apply to Crawford , not my favourite but the boy can play when he’s on the ball . Sibald would be great but there may be serious competition, if not him maybe a lefty from down south or a loan from up here . The winger come striker is harder to see , if it’s a loan like the Prince fella then he’d need to be starting most weeks , which is doubtful as we won’t go with two up top all the time . I guess this week will let us know one way or another ......  

37 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

What's the official number of outs vs ins?

The squad was meant to be smaller but I reckon we've lost a couple we were trying to keep (Adeloye & McInroy) who we are yet to replace. I reckon we will make 4 signings (2 permanent and 2 loans) for the league starting. It could be one more if we progress through the league cup group phase.

From a budget perspective both McInroy and Adeloye were going to be two of the top earners so you'd think that there's still a decent wedge of cash sitting should the right people become available.

If I remember correctly, the "ins" that Bullen were talking about were all going to be permanent signings and any Loans that we would be lucky enough to get would be in addition to the squad figures already quoted.

As such, I'd expect another CH, at least one attacking CM and at least one winger / striker plus the potential of more Loan signings to come.

I would expect another 4 in we only have 2 centre half’s just now, a striker as we have ashford and dipo at the moment and we need to replace Maxwell and mcinroy that’s at a minimum. I would like a few loans on top of that to add depth and put pressure on the starters so they up their form 

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is the one on the Thursday the one against the US college team that fans are allowed into?

Yes , I heard it’s an early kick off due to their travel commitments 

19 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

I don't think attitude or baggage wise either Griffiths or Broadfoot would be Bullens cup of tea, no idea who the center back might be but hoping it's not a young loanee if we were to bring in Henry, Crawford and Sibbald I'd be delighted.

I think you may be right with Bullen and Griffiths... however I would take a punt on him on maybe a pay as you play deal with a goal bonus.... he's the type that needs an arm round him now and again and I think Bully is made of that stuff... Griffiths is a natural goal scorer and can with either foot and head and has a range of free kicks in his locker... according to Daily Ranger he's been training 6 days a week in a boxing gym and list a fair bit of weight in order to get fit.....

Griffiths is surely more likely to end up at your Coves and your Queens Parks. Absolutely nothing in the communication from the board or the manager says "expensive marquee signing whose best years are in the past". For what it's worth that also applies to Drongan's finest, even if centre halves can keep at it for longer.

2 hours ago, Bruadair said:

I think you may be right with Bullen and Griffiths... however I would take a punt on him on maybe a pay as you play deal with a goal bonus.... he's the type that needs an arm round him now and again and I think Bully is made of that stuff... Griffiths is a natural goal scorer and can with either foot and head and has a range of free kicks in his locker... according to Daily Ranger he's been training 6 days a week in a boxing gym and list a fair bit of weight in order to get fit.....

Personally I wouldn't touch Griffiths with a barge pole, he's been finished for about 3 years now and his off field antics are the LAST thing that the club needs as we're trying to create a feelgood atmosphere both within the club and the local community.

Even if he was back to something like the player that he was (highly unlikely) I'm afraid that his baggage and associated media circus would have an adverse effect on the entire club from the dressing room right across the local community and fan base and that's just not worth it.

Fortunately, I'm pretty sure that our Management team will feel the exact same way and he'll be absolutely nowhere near this club.

Let's all trust Bully, every duffer looking to finish up soon are getting mentioned on here.

Griffiths would screw the nut for a while then he fks up and we're stuck with him and his wages.

Plenty contacts elsewhere, would rather take someone who is young and looking for a fresh start to kick on.