The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I really liked the green and purple away top from Hummel. It was decent quality although tightly fitting (I think all their tops are). I'm hopeful the away top looks better in the flesh (so to speak).

How many years does the Hummel deal run?

Yeah the green and purple wasn't bad but I bought a Medium and it was like an Xtra Small and I couldn't change it since the shop had such little stock that once a size sold, they didn't get any more.. The sizing for Hummel in general is all over the place, and it absolutely drives me mental. Miss the quality and consistency of the Adidas stuff in terms of sizing and fit. If you buy a Medium, you're getting a Medium. Unlike Hummel where one top fits like a Small and another is a Large.

The deal I'm pretty sure is until the end of NEXT season unfortunately. I love buying the Ayr training gear and replica shirts, but won't be spending a penny until we change to another maker. Hopefully as I say, back to Adidas, or even Nike would be ideal.

1 minute ago, Calayrdonia said:

Yeah the green and purple wasn't bad but I bought a Medium and it was like an Xtra Small and I couldn't change it since the shop had such little stock that once a size sold, they didn't get any more.. The sizing for Hummel in general is all over the place, and it absolutely drives me mental. Miss the quality and consistency of the Adidas stuff in terms of sizing and fit. If you buy a Medium, you're getting a Medium. Unlike Hummel where one top fits like a Small and another is a Large.

I had that top in XL which usually fits me comfortably and hides my manboobs. The Hummel XL looks like it's painted on and is not flattering.

27 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Whoever scored in our 3-0 romp against soon to be treble winners Rangers in 1975. I was there but can’t remember who scored. John Doyle got one I think?

Johnny Graham got the last one not sure Doyle scored but man of the match he was tore them to bits 

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I really liked the green and purple away top from Hummel. It was decent quality although tightly fitting (I think all their tops are). I'm hopeful the away top looks better in the flesh (so to speak).

How many years does the Hummel deal run?

Next season is the last of current deal I believe 

57 minutes ago, RedEd said:

I had to exchange a couple of shirts at the club shop, one up and one down. No big deal really.

Exactly, we know their sizing is out , the reason is they use Euro sizing and not UK for some reason and stock comes from multiple countries , easy just to go up a size or 2 , don’t know why I would not buy a top because need to go up a size to fit in it 

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why are these games behind closed doors? I'm sure Largs/Kilwinning could have let a few hundred fans in at least. 

If it’s made open doors they need to provide stewards  toilet facilities , first aid cover etc , nothing stopping people standing outside watching , 

Edited by Finlay21

Why are these games behind closed doors? I'm sure Largs/Kilwinning could have let a few hundred fans in at least. 

Because you’d still need to pay for stewarding and most clubs aren’t really arsed about fans going what is essentially a kick about.

6 hours ago, RedEd said:

Tommy Bryce against Raith in 1990. Went on a mazy run from just over the halfway line and took the ball past four players before tucking it away. Three month later a 40 yard effort from Jim Hughes crashed off the underside of the bar and over the line.

An honourable mention to Ian McAllister for his hat-trick of headers against Airdrie in 1985. 

Now there is a blast from the past was at the game

I met his daughter and partner in a pub in Glasgow one time she helped to find my contract they were from Paisley but Bryce used to live in Kilbirnie back then