The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Paddy Boyles winner in the 4-3 game against Stranraer on the league one title season is another that sticks out.

Craig Moore’s penalty away at Methill was crucial to us winning the league.

That and Shankland away at Airdrie.

Early 1990s, 3-1 down at Cappielow with about 10 minutes to go. We bring it back to 3-3 with about 4 mins to go. We keep hammering away and Morton can’t get out of their own half. Then, in the last minute, a pass is rolled across the edge of the box and our captain Ian McAllister comes steaming in at full speed, connects perfectly and sends a rocket into the top corner. Euphoric.

10 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

Keigan Parker’s double against Dundee (Free Kick and Overhead kick)

Both the best (the bicycle kick) and the worst (Ross Robertson's winner, off of his willy, from one centimeter) goals I have ever seen in the flesh, in one match.

And then relegated anyway, lol.

Really disappointed in the Away top. The way it was built up I was expecting to really like it. I WANT to really like it, but it's just shite.  Boring and lazy and just looks like a training top. Also, it looks really unflattering on our own player, so god help your XL-XXXL crew, haha.

Hummel gear generally though is fucking awful, can't wait until their deal with us ends.  

Really disappointed in the Away top. The way it was built up I was expecting to really like it. I WANT to really like it, but it's just shite.  Boring and lazy and just looks like a training top. Also, it looks really unflattering on our own player, so god help your XL-XXXL crew, haha.
Hummel gear generally though is fucking awful, can't wait until their deal with us ends.  
Bring back Adidas!

Tommy Bryce against Raith in 1990. Went on a mazy run from just over the halfway line and took the ball past four players before tucking it away. Three month later a 40 yard effort from Jim Hughes crashed off the underside of the bar and over the line.

An honourable mention to Ian McAllister for his hat-trick of headers against Airdrie in 1985. 

1 hour ago, Calayrdonia said:

I really liked the green and purple away top from Hummel. It was decent quality although tightly fitting (I think all their tops are). I'm hopeful the away top looks better in the flesh (so to speak).

How many years does the Hummel deal run?

John Sludden’s goal to make it 2-0 at home to Dunfermline in our first season back in the First Division after the magnificent 87/88 campaign. Made by Henry Templeton with a typical driving run from just outside our box to the edge of theirs and then a slide rule pass for Sludden to take round a defender and the keeper to score.

Cally was injured shortly after that and they came back to snatch a 2-2 draw and from looking like we could be going for back to back promotions we lost our momentum and never really challenged again under Ally.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

An Adidas xxl is to big for me and a Hummel XXXL is to small

I have last season Hummel top virtually unworn in an xxl as it’s too small. An Adidas XXL is baggy.

Sizing is awful and for that reason I won’t buy the new kit.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

John Sludden’s goal to make it 2-0 at home to Dunfermline in our first season back in the First Division after the magnificent 87/88 campaign. Made by Henry Templeton with a typical driving run from just outside our box to the edge of theirs and then a slide rule pass for Sludden to take round a defender and the keeper to score.

It may not have meant much for Ayr, but if we interpret the question to mean generally significant goals, I think I would also add Sludden's goal against St Johnstone on the 29th of April 1989, which was the last goal scored in a competitive match at Muirton Park.

5 minutes ago, rgreig said:

It may not have meant much for Ayr, but if we interpret the question to mean generally significant goals, I think I would also add Sludden's goal against St Johnstone on the 29th of April 1989, which was the last goal scored in a competitive match at Muirton Park.

To be fair,it was quite an important goal. It was the third last game of the season and we finished one point above relegated Kilmarnock.

4 minutes ago, RedEd said:

To be fair,it was quite an important goal. It was the third last game of the season and we finished one point above relegated Kilmarnock.

Interesting, I had completely forgotten that!! Now that you've jogged my memory I do remember the last day of the season very well with the late goal at Clyde sealing Kilmarnock's fate. For some reason I thought that was the following year.