The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That David Vize now saying we’re after Rab. I know he’s usually wrong but he got the Musonda stuff spot on before anyone else had mentioned it and people on here were saying about Crawford weeks ago. Made me think if we got Crawford and Sibbald could we play the latter on the left or right of a 4-3-3? Think he maybe played wide a few times at Falkirk to varying degrees of success. Would give us loads of options to change things as well but maybe we’re only looking at Crawford because Sibbald knocked us back.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

That David Vize now saying we’re after Rab. I know he’s usually wrong but he got the Musonda stuff spot on before anyone else had mentioned it and people on here were saying about Crawford weeks ago. Made me think if we got Crawford and Sibbald could we play the latter on the left or right of a 4-3-3? Think he maybe played wide a few times at Falkirk to varying degrees of success. Would give us loads of options to change things as well but maybe we’re only looking at Crawford because Sibbald knocked us back.

I highly doubt we'd be going for Crawford and Sibbald, however i think we're looking for winger and a CM and both could play both positions so you never know...

I highly doubt we'd be going for Crawford and Sibbald, however i think we're looking for winger and a CM and both could play both positions so you never know...

Let’s never ever pretend that Robbie Crawford can play as a winger. Maybe in League One against the plumbers and painters from Airdrie or Forfar but never at this level. At this level he’s an energetic box to box midfielder who’s very good at going past players. But he’s too lightweight and doesn’t have the final ball to play wide.

I just don't see Robbie coming back unfortunately, he got dogs abuse from a section of the crowd for absolutely no reason IMO apart from McCall shoehoring him into the side in the wrong position did he not turn down coming back on loan a few seasons back for this reason. I personally think he'd be a great addition let's remember he almost scored the greatest goal of all time against Killie in the betfred.

Potentially something like this??

McAdams                                                                                           McAdams

Hewitt McGinty Musonda Reading                                              Hewitt McGinty Musonda Reading

Dempsey      Bangala     Crawford (?)                                                     Dempsey Murdoch

O'Connor      Akinyemi    Sibbald (?)                                               O'Connor Crawford (?) Sibbald (?)

Akinyemi

I like Robbie I think he and sibbald would both be great additions. Robbie will probably still get slated by sections of our support, hopefully he will be able to ignore them and prove them wrong. He could do it at a higher level but things haven’t quite worked for him

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Potentially something like this??

McAdams                                                                                           McAdams

Hewitt McGinty Musonda Reading                                              Hewitt McGinty Musonda Reading

Dempsey      Bangala     Crawford (?)                                                     Dempsey Murdoch

O'Connor      Akinyemi    Sibbald (?)                                               O'Connor Crawford (?) Sibbald (?)

Akinyemi

Hewitt won’t be our rb this season. It will be Houston or bangala. 

9 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I just don't see Robbie coming back unfortunately, he got dogs abuse from a section of the crowd for absolutely no reason IMO apart from McCall shoehoring him into the side in the wrong position did he not turn down coming back on loan a few seasons back for this reason. I personally think he'd be a great addition let's remember he almost scored the greatest goal of all time against Killie in the betfred.

On his day, going forward, Robbie was absolutely unplayable (Raith at home for example during the title winning season) but when it came down to the was too lightweight in that midfield, never seemed to stick a foot in.

On his day, going forward, Robbie was absolutely unplayable (Raith at home for example during the title winning season) but when it came down to the was too lightweight in that midfield, never seemed to stick a foot in.
Was that the 3-0 game he curled one in off the underside of the bar? In a season of some great goals that was up there with the best.

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
14 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Was that the 3-0 game he curled one in off the underside of the bar? In a season of some great goals that was up there with the best.

The very same

Interesting rumours circulating, I'm not against any of them if true.

Sibbald, sure. Crawford if played correctly, no problem. I just dont understand why he would want to come back after some of the stick he was given.

At least its starting to hot up a wee bit

FWIW I don’t think McCall helped the Crawford abuse situation one bit. He always made him out to be a dynamic attacking midfielder when he was nothing like that but I think fans expected more of him.

I’m struggling to see how Sibbald, Crawford, Murdoch, and Dempsey fit into the same team. The easy answer is they probably don’t. Sibbald looking good with Devlin liking that tweet, and that guy on Twitter got Musonda correct…

Can't work out what kind of midfield look we are going for if Crawford & Sibbald do both arrive.  Wildly different players so wouldn't be one or the other.  

Those two & Broadfoot then I presume we are into loans from that point -

A striker (Prince Henry), probably a left footed wide forward since McKenzie is cover on one side and shouldn't be the only cover then probably a left footed centre back?  

But at that point it's a pretty big squad with every position properly covered so I'm not really sure we'll see what we expect. 

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

RB and LB I believe.

LB, RB, natural CB, and JMcG was grooming him as a sweeper/DM as well.

When healthy, he looked a potential (Scottish) Premiership level player, but he missed the beginning of this last season due to his injury, and never really got any consistent playing time at any position, so didn’t overly impress. I regret his move to you lot, as do a fair percentage of the fans, but time will tell.

As long as he says healthy, which wasn’t much of a question two years ago anyway, I think it’s a cracking signing for you. Not just for his versatility, but also for his talent. While CB is his natural position, he can ask some very direct questions of the other side playing as a wing back on either side.