The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Sadly I think we will really struggle to stay in this league tbh

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ll finish somewhere between 4th and 7th I think.

Its hard to say until the squad is substantially complete. 

Arbroath aren’t nearly as short of money as people make them out to be. I also don’t think either player will have been on anything massive in Championship terms.

Yeah it’s a total myth, we pay very well. Seems to be a lazy assumption from most people given we are part time but also perpetuated by our own fans as well sometimes, although if what I was told is true there’s no way we covered all of Noubles wage. Unsure about Hamilton.

47 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

On the other hand, given that any remaining options will be panic buys, it's fair to say that the squad _is_ substantially complete. So here's hoping that Bullen's man-management pays off to a significantly greater extent than last season, because this is going to be another relegation slog.

10 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

On a more important note.... 

Anyone seen Dipo train with first team yet or know the management's opinion on him.....? 

Looking to future and all that... 

Daire spoke highly of him and said he was a really strong lad with pace who'll cause teams lots of problems.

58 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's 100% pointless trying to guess where ANYONE will finish before players are signed or a ball has been kicked.

I don't think many people this time last year would have had Arbroath as the leaders for most of the season or indeed Hamilton and Dunfermline anchored to the bottom for most of the season.

Dunfermline were 3rd favourites with most bookmakers to WIN the league and were even 2nd with a couple and look how that turned out !!

Thankfully Football in real life isn't as simple as playing Football Manager on the computer and that's why we all turn up week in week out and spend so much time posting garbage on this associated forum.

Don't you just love it......

12 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's 100% pointless trying to guess where ANYONE will finish before players are signed or a ball has been kicked.

I don't think many people this time last year would have had Arbroath as the leaders for most of the season or indeed Hamilton and Dunfermline anchored to the bottom for most of the season.

Dunfermline were 3rd favourites with most bookmakers to WIN the league and were even 2nd with a couple and look how that turned out !!

Thankfully Football in real life isn't as simple as playing Football Manager on the computer and that's why we all turn up week in week out and spend so much time posting garbage on this associated forum.

Don't you just love it......

I'd love a signing and an away tap  

Far far too early to be talking about panic buys, the kids haven't even finished for the summer yet! We all know the way the summer goes normally where squads are still being tinkered with and loans sorted all the way through the league cup and into the first couple of games. Yes, we're short of bodies just now. However, so are every other team in Scotland. 

On the other hand, given that any remaining options will be panic buys, it's fair to say that the squad _is_ substantially complete. So here's hoping that Bullen's man-management pays off to a significantly greater extent than last season, because this is going to be another relegation slog.

What evidence is there that any signings we make will be panic buys?

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Yeah it’s a total myth, we pay very well. Seems to be a lazy assumption from most people given we are part time but also perpetuated by our own fans as well sometimes, although if what I was told is true there’s no way we covered all of Noubles wage. Unsure about Hamilton.

It seems to be that when a team does well it's assumed they have paid decent wages. Likewise when a team is struggling lack of budget is the excuse. 

11 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

It seems to be that when a team does well it's assumed they have paid decent wages. Likewise when a team is struggling lack of budget is the excuse. 

I don't know if anyone could have said that about Dunfermline last season !!

2 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

You will find no arbroath haters on here champ..... 

I personally was rooting for you last season (apart from when playing us) also Big fan of your gaffer who has gave us all great entertainment over the years... 

I remember being at a game in Scottish Cup at Somerset when he went on the park to complain to ref.... 

Was one of the funniest things I have seen at games...