The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

We will have a pretty similar budget to last year but our squad building so far will have freed up some extra cash.

Jack Hamilton was likely on a decent wage. Doubt we are paying much, if anything, for the young keeper from Livi.

Oliver was likely on more than we are paying Quitongo.

Wilson - Gillespie.

You'll be covering his full wages, which apparently is a thing we do. If you don't cover it in full then we don't loan them out. Even at that it probably won't be too much probably 400-500 p/w at most

4 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

You can’t win a league with a young squad was said before down South and look how that turned out 

True, but to be fair their young players were Beckham, Neville, Scholes and Nicky Butt. Not sure we have similar waiting to break through. Would be magnificent if we did.

Is it manageable? I’m not saying it won’t be but there is little historical evidence to suggest it will. 

Can QP be a sustainable premier league team based on the size of support? They would probably attract an extra 500-1000 fans in the premier league, maybe get similar gates to Livingston and Hamilton. 
Neither (the current incarnation of) Livingston or Hamiltons spent excessively to get there.
Could they rely on selling young talent ? If you are paying good wages for good pro’s it doesn’t look like youth is a priority certainly in the short term. Hamilton did well at this but youth development tends to be a generational thing, Falkirk, Hibs and Hamilton all had a spell of churning out talent like a conveyer belt but it wasn’t sustained beyond a couple of years.
Other clubs have done it like Ross County and Inverness, Ross County have spent money obviously but have never made a signing that the rest of Scottish football have thought, how did they afford that? 

From someone who went through The Barr era, I wish he’d spent the money on bricks and Mortar that Nigel Jemson and Jens Martin Knudsen, revenue streams to support the football business.

There’s a lot of interest in QP. Well situated to increase their support substantially. Not every club is a hopeless case like Ayr in terms of potential.

4 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

There’s a lot of interest in QP. Well situated to increase their support substantially. Not every club is a hopeless case like Ayr in terms of potential.

A troll trolling again I see........ 

Ure just making yourself look like a total twat.... 

Go and post on the Killie thread.... 

22 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

On a more important note.... 

Anyone seen Dipo train with first team yet or know the management's opinion on him.....? 

Looking to future and all that... 

Fittest guy in the team , excellent pace , very powerful , good ball control , powerful shot and good in the air , but training and playing is totally different, think he is going to be very popular with the fans  

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

You'll be covering his full wages, which apparently is a thing we do. If you don't cover it in full then we don't loan them out. Even at that it probably won't be too much probably 400-500 p/w at most

Is that true for every loan?

I know we covered all of Reillys wage but can't imagine Arbroath covered all of Jack Hamiltons or Noubles wage.

I know we covered all of Reillys wage but can't imagine Arbroath covered all of Jack Hamiltons or Noubles wage.

Arbroath aren’t nearly as short of money as people make them out to be. I also don’t think either player will have been on anything massive in Championship terms.

19 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Fittest guy in the team , excellent pace , very powerful , good ball control , powerful shot and good in the air , but training and playing is totally different, think he is going to be very popular with the fans  

And most importantly on a 2 year deal... Lol

Cheers for update... Looking forward to seeing him play😊😊

2 hours ago, madton said:

As far as I know, yes. Hamilton is likely on similar to what Schwake is. Nouble wouldn't be on much either since he came from a not so great level