The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Have they got the cash? 

No idea but it wouldn’t surprise me if they pushed the boat out for him if he was interested. I found it strange that Bullen openly admitted we are after him as he runs the risk of looking stupid if he goes elsewhere.

Slightly bigger, possibly, but I wouldn't imagine it to be that much bigger, certainly not one we can't compete with. What makes you think it will be bigger?

We have 180k coming into the club from Morton Club Together contributions on top of season tickets, prize money, sponsorship etc which should certainly help. No sugar daddy any more of course but budget has been confirmed as staying the same as last year.

I suspect Ayr, Morton, Raith and Hamilton will all be much of a muchness, possibility Inverness too.

Edited by madton

Slightly bigger, possibly, but I wouldn't imagine it to be that much bigger, certainly not one we can't compete with. What makes you think it will be bigger?
We have 180k coming into the club from Morton Club Together contributions on top of season tickets, prize money, sponsorship etc which should certainly help. No sugar daddy any more of course but budget has been confirmed as staying the same as last year.
I suspect Ayr, Morton, Raith and Hamilton will all be much of a muchness, possibility Inverness too.

Our chairman being fucking loaded probably.

In all seriousness we’ll have a good budget this season. Probably the same as last and it was quoted as being the highest in about 20 years or something like that which would be going back to the Barr days. Won’t be as high as then obviously but there is money to spend. Doubt we’ll go breaking the bank for anyone though. We’ve apparently made Sibbald a good offer and is one that both the player and agent are happy with but he wants to wait and see if anything else comes up. He’s the type of player we should be aiming for and even if he goes elsewhere I’m pleased we’re aiming high.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Our chairman being fucking loaded probably.

In all seriousness we’ll have a good budget this season. Probably the same as last and it was quoted as being the highest in about 20 years or something like that which would be going back to the Barr days. Won’t be as high as then obviously but there is money to spend. Doubt we’ll go breaking the bank for anyone though. We’ve apparently made Sibbald a good offer and is one that both the player and agent are happy with but he wants to wait and see if anything else comes up. He’s the type of player we should be aiming for and even if he goes elsewhere I’m pleased we’re aiming high.

Fair enough but the signings you made last year don't scream massive budget compared to our squad unless you were paying the likes of Salkeld, O'connor, Mcalister, Gondoh etc crazy money which is a whole different debate. 

Be interesting to see if Bullen can use it better than Hopkin did.

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Have they got the cash? 

We will have a pretty similar budget to last year but our squad building so far will have freed up some extra cash.

Jack Hamilton was likely on a decent wage. Doubt we are paying much, if anything, for the young keeper from Livi.

Oliver was likely on more than we are paying Quitongo.

Wilson - Gillespie.

28 minutes ago, madton said:

Fair enough but the signings you made last year don't scream massive budget compared to our squad unless you were paying the likes of Salkeld, O'connor, Mcalister, Gondoh etc crazy money which is a whole different debate. 

Be interesting to see if Bullen can use it better than Hopkin did.

A lot of the budget probably went on housing some of the players we brought up like Adeloye, Albinson and O'Conner and giving them decent signing on fee's.

That and having a dozen chancers signed up that weren't good enough from the season before topped up by what Hopkin found in a skip round the back of Cappelow. 

And paying 2 coaches plus Jim fucking Duffy. 

I think Tomi will head south. He went home every chance he could. He also has business interests, his modelling etc. I think that's a draw for him.

He'll take time to settle again wherever he goes, especially if he misses a fair bit of the pre season stuff.

Would have been pleased to see him back but hey it's his job. 

Having said that I'd be well pissed if he went to that mob up the road!