The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'll miss you Tomi. No revisionist nonsense from me. Without your goals we'd have been down last year. The best striker we've had since Shankland. I reckon you'd be 20 + goals if you played a full league season.

Just be a good lad and don't go to DKBs.

Thanks for the memories.

456535327_images(1).jpeg.c129482d20f97ceae36d0fef6c6d4d2d.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'll miss you Tomi. No revisionist nonsense from me. Without your goals we'd have been down last year. The best striker we've had since Shankland. I reckon you'd be 20 + goals if you played a full league season.

Just be a good lad and don't go to DKBs.

Thanks for the memories.

456535327_images(1).jpeg.c129482d20f97ceae36d0fef6c6d4d2d.jpeg

Agreed although don't think there's much revisionism going on - as discussed at length all season a lot of folk (massively wrongly IMO) just didn't rate him.   I'm a big fan and would have loved to keep him at this level  but if he did sign for Kille for example I'd expect him to have very little game time.    

He definitely leaves as a successful signing, I'm hoping he disappears back down South so doesn't taint that (although his Insta post suggests he may well be staying up here)

I wouldn’t be surprised if he signs for Killie. McInnes has a history of signing lower league or bottom premiership players and developing them.

Adeloye would not be on much money and may be worth the gamble 

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

So the question is if we sign Prince Henry would he still have been signed if Tomi had come back? 

Pretty sure someone said the other week it was either Prince or Tomi, idk if that was someone ITK or just guessing.

Still seems a good sign for us that Sibbald hasn't signed for anyone yet...

6 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Morton have signed Grant Gillespie….

Maybe his time at Ayr wasn’t a fair reflection of his ability but I am surprised he has maintained full time football.

He looked like someone who was put on the pitch purely to ensure we had 11 people on the park. like his instructions were, Just go on and stay out the road Grant, don’t get involved and leave it to the rest of them. If you get the ball by accident, get rid of it. 

Can't argue with anything you've written there. Imrie did however manage to get a team of dross turned around and looking like a half decent unit. Will be interesting to see how this one pans out

23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

On the Falkirk thread a couple guys said that Sibbald could end up at Morton due to knowing Imrie from Livingston.

Have they got the cash? 

23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

On the Falkirk thread a couple guys said that Sibbald could end up at Morton due to knowing Imrie from Livingston.

Seems plausible, wouldn't be surprised to see him rock back home at Falkirk

Robbie Crawford i wouldn't rule out either or Stephen Kelly...

The club owes Adeloye a huge debt of gratitude. We would not be a championship club if he hadn't been here. Despite a lot of unfair criticism at times, his performances/goals undoubtedly kept us in the league.

Best of luck to him wherever he ends up. It's sad to see him go but football is a short career and if he feels he can get himself a better deal or even some surroundings that he feels more comfortable in, then fair fucks can't say I blame the guy. 

At least we can now focus on getting a suitable replacement in. I'm quite excited by the Bristol City lad. Hopefully we can bring him in.