The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

That’s that then 

B085CF0F-0ACD-45B9-877A-BB89499EA00A.png

Good that the saga has now come to an end and we can now move on and get a squad who want to be here , hopefully find a gem , Tomi came as a nobody and left as in important player , hopefully Dipo    turns out to be the next stage , can only thank Tomi for what he done 

Just now, southsiderayr said:

Prince Henry interest firmed up now surely

Aye. Whether it's Henry or someone else I'd expect another forward in soon - the club will have presumably made Tomi a decent offer but will have known there is a good chance he won't take it.  Budget can now get spent on someone else who will surely have been identified 

1 minute ago, Mod1967 said:

We've lost all our goals from last season and we didn't score many, we need to up it I'm afraid 

Dipo has a far better scoring record than Adeloye had when he arrived and having the likes of Dempsey from season start should change the whole dynamic of the team ahead of him and hopefully Bangala is of a similar standard.

Last year we had Maxwell and Muirhead playing in Midfield when both were basically defenders so I'd think having a proper Midfield will make a huge difference and I'm sure Ashford will also contribute quite a few next season.

Remember, what we have just now isn't the starting team, there's still 2 forward looking players to come in (plus the central defenders of course) and I'm very hopeful that they'll be of a good standard.

Having spoken to a couple of the players on Friday, I got the impression that they believe we'll be much more "adventurous" this season as Bullen was concentrating on staying up as opposed to playing more expansive football but this season we're starting with a clean slate and everyone is aware that we're in the entertainment business.

I've got to say that I received very good vibes from the guys last week and THEY certainly believe that we're in for a good season, so that in itself is good enough for me and I'm sure some of our transfer prayers will be answered over the coming days....

At least that's now confirmed and the guessing games can stop.  

If he ends up going back down to England then that's understandable, but if it's to stay up here then it's risky depending on where he goes next, for both himself and the club he ends up at.  It was his first reasonably consistent season, and the first season he ever managed to score more than 3 goals so there's no guarantee of goals with him so any club willing to pay what he is (allegedly) asking for are taking a pretty big risk.  There are plenty of examples of forwards who have had one good season at a club and failed to hit those heights again.   

He's leaving a club where he made clear progress and where he has some credit in the bank, as it were, if there was to be a dip in form.  He won't have that luxury at his next club and if it is to try and play at a higher level then he's running the risk of it being a bit too early, not performing as well as expected and then being written off as a one-season wonder. 

Undoubtedly has a lot of potential, and wanted him to stay and wish him well but no one player is bigger than the team.  

Edited by super_carson

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Don’t care, it’s not here so let’s move on 

If its Queens Park I'd be concerned as he could easily be a 20 goal striker in this league for a team challenging.  If its Killie or anyone down South then couldn't really care less as be would either be a bench warmer until a January loan move or 'out of sight out of mind' in England.  

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

If its Queens Park I'd be concerned as he could easily be a 20 goal striker in this league for a team challenging.  If its Killie or anyone down South then couldn't really care less as be would either be a bench warmer until a January loan move or 'out of sight out of mind' in England.  

Pretty much this to be honest.

Disappointing to lose our best three players from last season (in my opinion)in McInroy, Maxwell and Adeloye. We need to add some real quality to that squad now or we’ll be down the bottom with Hamilton I fear again.

That said looking forward to what the new guys can do. There’s always one team in the league I find that does better than expected and one that does way worse than expected.

Wild wild guess time for a bit of fun (full squads still to be decided blah blah blah)

1. Dundee

2. Thistle

3. Inverness

4. Queen Park

5. Raith

6. Ayr

7. Arbroath

8. Morton

9. Cove

10. Hamilton