The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The Accies fans that I knew all rated him pretty highly, however he looked completely finished when with us and his legs had completely gone.

No idea if he's suddenly recaptured his earlier fitness but it looks a very risky signing to me.

Tbf if he's got his hair back then there's a pretty good chance he's got his legs back aswell .

18 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Moffat in Turkey getting new hair and legs as we speak .that's all we need .goat

Did training not start back today ?

I'm sure Daire told us that on Friday.

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Right who we fucking signing this week then?

Kirk Broadfoot

Conor McCarthy

Craig Sibald 

Winger from National League .

Based on nothing in particular...

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

His hair making a comeback is a better story than him making his way back up the leagues7d980027ccc4fb02a926838644887a01.jpg

The caption says Grant Gillespie but he looks nothing like the Grant Gillespie who played for Ayr.

13 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

The caption says Grant Gillespie but he looks nothing like the Grant Gillespie who played for Ayr.

Looks like his son 🤣

Was surprised to see his age - had it in my head he was mid 30s when we had him

Edited by Hursty

Mathie said he wanted us to sell 1500 season tickets and set the challenge at the vision night, telling 150 folk who were only allowed in because they had already bought one seemed a bit daft. 

There doesn't seem to be any great push for them other him saying it out loud that night. 

If people can afford them then they will buy them, the price goes up most years so unless there is an incentive then it will be a harder sell going forward. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Mathie said he wanted us to sell 1500 season tickets and set the challenge at the vision night, telling 150 folk who were only allowed in because they had already bought one seemed a bit daft. 

There doesn't seem to be any great push for them other him saying it out loud that night. 

If people can afford them then they will buy them, the price goes up most years so unless there is an incentive then it will be a harder sell going forward. 

Don't see them advertised anywhere... 

Think commercial manager need to get out and about and promote them in shops and pubs etc..... 

Talbot do it and so do the Glens..... And they are junior teams... 

Kilmarnock in the past have advertised in the AP for seasons, I'm not having a massive dig, but relatively unknown guys won't immediately excite fans, however much they promise and I'm looking forward to both of them, just think we need a wee signing lift. Sure the club are working tirelessly on that front and I'm aware they will have a wage structure, but sometimes you might need to push the boat out on a  couple that are just that bit better than those around you, a player a level up makes a massive difference....Lafferty......Shankland for example. I think we have the basis for a real competitive team just need to add the something special bit, you'll be repaid in season sales and extra money higher league finishes give you. 

34 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Kilmarnock in the past have advertised in the AP for seasons, I'm not having a massive dig, but relatively unknown guys won't immediately excite fans, however much they promise and I'm looking forward to both of them, just think we need a wee signing lift. Sure the club are working tirelessly on that front and I'm aware they will have a wage structure, but sometimes you might need to push the boat out on a  couple that are just that bit better than those around you, a player a level up makes a massive difference....Lafferty......Shankland for example. I think we have the basis for a real competitive team just need to add the something special bit, you'll be repaid in season sales and extra money higher league finishes give you. 

I don’t think we are at a level yet for truly marquee signings , however if we managed to sign Craig Sibald I’d be highly delighted. Maybe once we have stabilised on the park and got the infrastructure projects completed of the park the time for say the return of a Shankland for a season or so swan song will transpire .....