The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Only hope is it’s a bit of a shitey column, no mention of a source, surely not a ‘key event’ and doesn’t actually contain any comment from the man himself despite the headline, no mention of his name directly with the other 2 clubs I can find.

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

They were barely the answer to keep us in the Championship. 

Exactly.

I liked Tomi but he was incredibly frustrating to watch at least 60% of the time.

For a huge unit, he spends a lot of time on his arse looking for a free kick.

7 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Only hope is it’s a bit of a shitey column, no mention of a source, surely not a ‘key event’ and doesn’t actually contain any comment from the man himself despite the headline, no mention of his name directly with the other 2 clubs I can find.

I thought the same. It’s probably his agent putting his name in the press hoping we go back to the negotiating table to get a bit more out us 

I’d find it a strange signing for Killie tbh given they have Shaw and Lafferty. Wonder if it’s his agent trying to get us to panic and give into his demands. Can’t see it working.

17 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Exactly.

I liked Tomi but he was incredibly frustrating to watch at least 60% of the time.

For a huge unit, he spends a lot of time on his arse looking for a free kick.

He's the type of player who has the ability but doesn't seem to be able or willing to produce it consistently and that's what separates the top players from the guys struggling at the bottom.

When he was good for us, he was VERY good, however he hid or disappeared in too many games, he missed LOTS of excellent chances at pivotal moments and he spent far too long moaning at referees and rolling around on the ground where there was minimal contact.

Ultimately I'd have welcomed him back and his goalscoring record was pretty decent but I think the current saga pretty much sums up why he's playing where he is.

For the sake of the rest of our team / dressing room, I think we should now bring this long running saga to a close and wish him goodbye and all the best as wherever he next decides to hang his hat, going by his past record, it WON'T be for very long !!!

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

If all that is true, thanks for the memories Tomi - all the best for your future

Typical Daily Record shite or an agent looking to generate more interest imo.

His signing would totally contradict what McInnes told the AGM on Saturday about bringing in 6 or 7 Premiership quality players ready to start or no point signing them.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d find it a strange signing for Killie tbh given they have Shaw and Lafferty. Wonder if it’s his agent trying to get us to panic and give into his demands. Can’t see it working.

Adeloye is better than Shaw though. Not that that’s a particularly high benchmark. 

But aye, fair chance it’s his agent at it. 

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

His signing would totally contradict what McInnes told the AGM on Saturday about bringing in 6 or 7 Premiership quality players ready to start or no point signing them.

Do yous rate him?

22 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Don’t think McInroy fits that requirement either.

4 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Don’t think McInroy fits that requirement either.

If McInroy could play as old fashioned Centre mid playmaker (Gary McAllister type role) where he could spread the ball around and run on to lay offs to shoot from 25 yards etc, then I think he could have a very successful career, however if he's played as a modern style box to box or support striker then I think he'll struggle as seems to lack the yard of pace required to be a player at the top level.

That said, I hope he does well as seems to be very grounded with a great attitude.

I think the Tomi debate is immaterial , the minute he started to avoid calls we steamed ahead with Dipo. . This lad is our first choice centre forward . No doubt backed up with Bryden , Ashford and whoever the winger come striker may be . It’s looking clear that we’ll be playing a 433 or even a 451 given we have signed Bangala as a holder ! The 433 would suite two wide players the 451 more useful for a right/left half combo with a Sibald type advanced in the middle . To splurge a top salary on another out and out no 9 wouldn’t be impossible but would be a bit extravagant given our current impasse at centre half . Anyway if this is how it ends with Tomi then it’s thanks for everything big fella and all the best .

Morton have signed Grant Gillespie….

Maybe his time at Ayr wasn’t a fair reflection of his ability but I am surprised he has maintained full time football.

He looked like someone who was put on the pitch purely to ensure we had 11 people on the park. like his instructions were, Just go on and stay out the road Grant, don’t get involved and leave it to the rest of them. If you get the ball by accident, get rid of it. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Maybe his time at Ayr wasn’t a fair reflection of his ability but I am surprised he has maintained full time football.

He looked like someone who was put on the pitch purely to ensure we had 11 people on the park. like his instructions were, Just go on and stay out the road Grant, don’t get involved and leave it to the rest of them. If you get the ball by accident, get rid of it. 

To be honest, going by QP fans comments, he does not seem to have got any better.  My worry if I was a Morton fan would be he wasn't at it with us 2 years ago, dropped down a league and not looked good there either.

His hair making a comeback is a better story than him making his way back up the leagues7d980027ccc4fb02a926838644887a01.jpg

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The Accies fans that I knew all rated him pretty highly, however he looked completely finished when with us and his legs had completely gone.

No idea if he's suddenly recaptured his earlier fitness but it looks a very risky signing to me.