The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I agree he was very good in the thistle game, but just now and then I could see his legs going a bit and he was blowing, but as I said that will improve with regular games, I hope the boy gets a chance and grabs it with both hands and show a bit of aggression.

The best I can say is , when I took my seat in the stand I saw Andy Murdoch in the directors box obviously out and my heart sank. After about twenty minutes I completely forgot about him as the boy looked like he just slotted in that role easily.

2 hours ago, Jazzar said:

I wouldn't discount young Paul Smith from getting in the first team squad....and staying there this season. So much potential there. 

Whilst I really liked the look of the lad, we need to remember he only played one match and it was against a team who really weren't trying much.

The guy from the golf is a guy called Prince Henry from what I’ve been told. Not joking. 

Aye he’s at Bristol City. No idea if that would be a loan deal or if we’re working to get him permanently but it was rumoured a while ago that he was coming in if Adeloye knocks us back. I think something has to happen on that front this week. The guy needs to make his mind up one way or the other.

Hopefully we can add a couple of faces this week and generate a bit of buzz around the place.

Adeloye on Killie transfer - Daily Record

think we’re done as far as he’s concerned

Hartlepool and Carlisle interested.

Assume they can all offer more than us if serious.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-27277402?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar#entry563764

Edited by bazka6

6 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Adeloye on Killie transfer - Daily Record

think we’re done as far as he’s concerned

Hartlepool and Carlisle interested.

Assume they can all offer more than us if serious.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-27277402?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar#entry563764

If all that is true, thanks for the memories Tomi - all the best for your future

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Interest has mounted over weekend , the teams above and a fantastic offer on table from QP now also 

It's not all about money though! Why would he move on when he could stay and continue to enjoy unjustified abuse and criticism from sections of the crowd and once again be labelled lazy by the in-house media team?

Think it's obvious he's away now he's getting the better offers he/his agent were angling for.

No issue with going to where he'll get more money as it's a short career, but it would have been much better had he been honest upfront instead of stringing Ayr along as a back up option. That won't exactly get him a warm welcome should he end up playing at Somerset with a visiting team.

I'd still love him to stay but would maybe be better if the club pulled the offer, if anything to save some face and make sure it doesn't look like players.and agents can take the piss.

I'm not sure he's premier league ready yet, but if he does go to a higher level then he's under a fair bit of pressure from the get-go to perform.

Adeloye was a good player for us but he is limited in ability, if his agent can move him up the way then fair fucks.

I think he was a good Championship level forward, much in the same way Brian Graham is at Thistle but I would have doubts he's got the ability to play at a higher level consistently Or the mentality to deal with the negativity around not performing well.