The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
5 hours ago, itzdrk said:
They could be filling the no signing news by showing us the away kit IMO 

Aye, the social media output has been so much better but with the disappointment of the home strip being delayed (not blaming the club) and not much seemingly happening on the signing front just now the away strip being shown or an interview with Bullen and some of the players would be welcome just to keep the club in folks minds and maybe drive those season ticket sales.

Some people will receive new strip early next week 

I wouldn’t rule out Tomi 
If he was to come back, who would you send out on loan McKenzie or Bryden? Bryden has more potential IMO but could do with a loan to get a proper run of games, McKenzie I think is going to be a squad player at best this season.

If he was to come back, who would you send out on loan McKenzie or Bryden? Bryden has more potential IMO but could do with a loan to get a proper run of games, McKenzie I think is going to be a squad player at best this season.

If we could get a decent move for Bryden where he had a chance of playing every week, under a decent manager in either League 1 or 2 then I’d be inclined to send him out on loan. Personally I don’t see McKenzie really developing much further albeit players develop at different speeds. I couldn’t even tell you what the guys best position is. I don’t think he’s good enough to play as a striker but then he’s never actually been given a proper chance up front with a good team around him. He’s definitely not a wide player either as his technique is questionable and he gets in the way of things more often than he contributes to attacks. Right now we can definitely say he works hard but doesn’t necessarily make us stronger defensively when he’s on the pitch so it’s a bit pointless. I’d also say that he’s not done much over the past year to make Houston look great although he’s had his own issues with form and fitness.

I think we all got very excited with he scored a double up at Dens and getting him on a two year deal looked like good business but I’m sure he’s cut out for this level. He’s probably going to be the 5th choice striker this season and if we sign a wide player and attacking midfielder then he could be even further down the pecking order for the wide positions. Depending on what we do in the window I’d try and get him a move on loan where he can try and earn a contract elsewhere. It also means that if he goes to a League 1 team and has an absolute stormer of a season we’re at least in a position where we can try and offer him a new contract.

Tldr: Bryden should go on loan if it’s the right move and McKenzie should maybe start looking elsewhere for regular football.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Personally I don’t see McKenzie really developing much further albeit players develop at different speeds. I couldn’t even tell you what the guys best position is. I don’t think he’s good enough to play as a striker but then he’s never actually been given a proper chance up front with a good team around him. He’s definitely not a wide player either as his technique is questionable and he gets in the way of things more often than he contributes to attacks. Right now we can definitely say he works hard but doesn’t necessarily make us stronger defensively when he’s on the pitch so it’s a bit pointless. I’d also say that he’s not done much over the past year to make Houston look great although he’s had his own issues with form and fitness.

I’d say left in a front 3 is where he could be most effective as it would allow him to drift inside and get more involved and have more shots. Playing wide right he looks like he’s running down a blind alley as he doesn’t have the crossing ability and doesn’t have good enough link up to play upfront himself.

Bryden is ahead of him in the pecking order for me so if he wants to be a ST then he could benefit from a loan to L1 for the first half of the season as it could get his confidence up if he could get a run of games and score. Compared with other academy played he doesn’t really have the technical ability of a Forrest, Crawford, McCowan type so you’d feel this is probably the highest he can go but I suppose he’ll still only be 22 this year and I imagine playing under 5 different managers (6 including White) in the last 3 seasons won’t help anyone’s development much.

If we re-sign Tomi and sign Craig Sibbald then we’re sorted in the attacking and midfielder areas. All we’d be be requiring then would be 2 centre backs and were sorted. I’d imagine any further additions would be loans. 

If we re-sign Tomi and sign Craig Sibbald then we’re sorted in the attacking and midfielder areas. All we’d be be requiring then would be 2 centre backs and were sorted. I’d imagine any further additions would be loans. 
Those two and two competent center half's and we would have no excuse of being in another last day relegation fight.