The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

There's not many names kicking about on the out of contract Scottish premier League list tbh 😒

Mcdaid, Adam and Fontaine played at championship level last year and were complete pants.

Craig Sibbald looks the best of a bad bunch tbh.

Anyone know anything about Victor Nirrennold? 

Edited by Roxanne's man

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

Cuthbert not coming is a massive blow he was club captain coach material don’t know what happened but I believe that deal was a certainty to happen so can’t see us getting anybody of that quality in now seriously disappointing.

Stayed down South for family reasons I am led to believe 

2 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Cuthbert not coming is a massive blow he was club captain coach material don’t know what happened but I believe that deal was a certainty to happen so can’t see us getting anybody of that quality in now seriously disappointing.

Would have been perfect for us and encouraging that the club had a crack at it , but always a risk that a player who has been in the one area so long has put down some roots , kids at school , who knows ! 

I see Mihai Popescu is still available, don’t know much about him other than he spent some time at Hamilton. 

Having went for Cuthbert I’d expect us to be looking at similar for one centre half slot and somebody more flexible for the second centre half slot . People are writing big Kirk off but he can play both right and left centre back as well as both full back positions . If not him then somebody with a left foot  and a left bias would be better .

Would have been perfect for us and encouraging that the club had a crack at it , but always a risk that a player who has been in the one area so long has put down some roots , kids at school , who knows ! 
I see Mihai Popescu is still available, don’t know much about him other than he spent some time at Hamilton. 
Having went for Cuthbert I’d expect us to be looking at similar for one centre half slot and somebody more flexible for the second centre half slot . People are writing big Kirk off but he can play both right and left centre back as well as both full back positions . If not him then somebody with a left foot  and a left bias would be better .

Popescu would potentially be a decent signing although this is very much his level and is prone to making errors much like McGinty.

Charlie Fox is another one that could be good albeit he’s not an experienced type but one that we could further develop. Hasn’t signed on yet with Queens Park this season but they rate him very highly.

Popescu would be a very good signing for us. Had a really good season for Accies last year. He’s been released by Hearts and I’d of said Accies would be in pole position to get his signature but they are in total disarray just now and I’d be disappointed if we haven’t at least approached him. 

On Charlie Fox I know nothing about him however QP fans seem really keen on him re-signing. Given QP we’re able to outbid us for Dom Thomas then I suspect if it came down to a straight shout out between us and then then he will go there. 

14 minutes ago, Iain said:

Probably need to lower our sights a tier or two to find players with any interest in signing.

See while I think this is slightly negative it does feel like we’re maybe losing out on players signing for us because it’s maybe a tough sell to convince them it’s the right move for them to come here. Not ITK  but seems that way. I’m sure it’ll all come good.

Edited by malkyshotton

4 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

See while I think this is slightly negative it does feel like we’re maybe losing out on players signing for us because it’s maybe a tough sell to convince them it’s the right move for them to come here. Not ITK  but seems that way. I’m sure it’ll all come good.

As a club that finished 8th in the Championship we have our work cut out to convince players it’s us they should sign for . However we got Ben Dempsey and Dipo Akinyeme So it can be done . 

Another player noticeably unsigned is Liam Donnelly , freed by Motherwell . Can play right back , centre half and defensive midfield . Pretty high end for us and not a natural centre half or very big at 5ft 11in .. Also David Bangala covers most of those slots . Interesting that nobody has pounced on him though ! 

35 minutes ago, Iain said:

Probably need to lower our sights a tier or two to find players with any interest in signing.

If we’re seriously saying the like of Sibbald and Popescu are unrealistic signing targets then we might as well throw the towel in as it’s going to be another season of turgid shite. 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Have you heard him linked or something?

Nah, Not to sound as mad as the new Dryhorse reincarnation. 😂

I was going on the basis of him currently being in Scotland and having played for lower league English teams, like we seem to be signing from currently. He plays the position we're needing.  Was on the out of contract Scottish premier League list 🤔 

If we’re seriously saying the like of Sibbald and Popescu are unrealistic signing targets then we might as well throw the towel in as it’s going to be another season of turgid shite. 

Aye Popescu is literally a Championship centre half and whilst Sibbald is probably a lower Premiership type of player, he’s clearly looking at the Championship as being his next move given he agreed and then pulled out of a move to Dunfermline when they were relegated.

There will be competition for Sibbald but I’ve said already that Bullen surely wouldn’t go throwing his name around if he wasn’t a wee bit confident of signing him.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Perhaps that is true. It might also be the case that clubs experience a lot of players saying no before they eventually get their signings. The fans however probably take this as a sign of something being wrong 

4 minutes ago, United1973 said:

As the days go on no sing of new players it becomes a big concern . 

If we're still 4 or 5 players short come the Arbroath game, then yes. It isn't a big deal 6 weeks before though.